Internet Disfunctional Now

update: I'm having the same issue it seems. Couldn't get my mail from a server in Ireland (connection didn't actually time out, but was <1kbps), connected via a vpn (also to a server in ireland, but in a different data centre), and no issues.

I think this is the traffic shaping thing again. Traffic shaping is notoriously difficult to set up correctly, and it seems that fibertel are making a major f*&%&kup of it.

Edit: and just after posting, fibertel pretty much stopped working entirely :(
(switched over the arnet for the time being)

Well y'all are TOTALLY brilliant. I am so impressed. I really don't know how to do the Google stuff you described but I did download TOR a week or so ago but had not used it so when you mentioned it I decided to try it. It gets me in EVERYWHERE. I am lost as far as understanding how it does that, but I answered all my emails. That is awesome. Nothing else worked. Internet Explorer does not work, Firefox does not work. but TorBrowser does. I did laugh though because I got one alert because it said I had logged in from a computer in Russia and if that was not really me, please contact them.

Opened up Hotspot Shield on my computer and everything is loading as well. Very strange...

About the traffic shaping thing, although I don't understand it AT ALL it is odd I can come here just fine, doesn't even hesitate, and go to Facebook just fine and I went to the site with the router with no problem. B ut it absolutely will NOT access others.

Fibertel - Starting last night my connection was sqirrelly for sites I typically use. Since this morning I pretty much cannot reach stes I typically use... I can access this site and others without problem. But through Tor I am able to acces and use sites that I cannot reach directly.... Odd thing for me is all the sites I use daily I cannot access directly.

I'm on Fibertel as well and the connection has been slow for a few days, websites are the worst. As has been mentioned the problem is with the Fibertel DNS's, use a VPN or service like hotspotshield/TOR etc and it will work fine until they resolve the issue.

Hey Arlean, I've been having the same problem with Fibertel since yesterday and i never had problems with them in the last three years! I thought it was from trying to download four movies from Pirate Bay....!
Well all this is probably making it easier for you to leave! No love lost! I suspect life will be so straightforward in Chile you'll be bored silly!

Fibertel is a junk bag. [so is Arnet] Going all the way back to 2007 on this forum you will find exactly this same discussion going on. Each is slightly different but the main line is Fibertel is acting strange. Arnet is slow.........basically internet in BsAs sucks. I have Fibertel and everything about them is BS. megabits, speed, bandwidth, service, ..........................................

Back