iPhone with working data on Movistar pre-paid

French jurist said:
Yes but you need to jailbreak and unlock it.
If you have an iphone 3GS bought very recently, you cannot jailbreak it for now (Apple implemented a new bootrom aimed at stopping jailbreaking, only the first 3GS that were sold can be jailbroken at this time. Previous models can be jailbroken).

Depends on where you come from, in Belgium and Italy the iphones are not locked...

If I ask for an unlocked Iphone 3g I can use it in Argentina?

Does it work with a movistar pre-paid if the phone is unlocked?

2GuysInPM said:
Only if it is factory unlocked (based on the country you purchased from). If not, you will have to Jailbreak it to get it to work with any other GSM carriers (like Movistar).

Who can jailbreak the phone?

Futboljunkie said:

as far as I know you can only buy unlocked phones in Belgium Italy and Argentina (?)

Futboljunkie said:

If you have an unlocked iPhone, you can use it with almost any company's SIM card.

The iPhone 3G is easier to unlock and jailbreak. The newest 3GS has not yet been "hacked" but it appears they are close to it.

Maikito said:
The 3GS can indeed be jail broken now.

And unlocked? This is two different processes: jailbreaking allows non-Apple approved apps to run; unlocking allows any SIM card.

I do not believe the baseband firmware on the newest 3GS has been unlocked yet.

katti said:
as far as I know you can only buy unlocked phones in Belgium Italy and Argentina (?)

I bought mine unlocked in Bangkok,made in Hong Kong and works fine here.
I jailbroke my Iphone myself as well as my Ipod Touch...lemme know what you have and I might be able to do it for you.

Yes, I work for puremobile and we sell 3GS jailbroken and unlocked.

Back