iPhone with working data on Movistar pre-paid

arichie said:
Version 3.1.2 can be unlocked. The latest 3.1.3 cannot and most likely wont be. They are holding onto the hack waiting for version 4.0 of the OS.

Can a 3GS with the new bootrom 359.3.2 running OS 3.1.2 be unlocked ? :p

I believe we have two problems in one here (prove me if I'm wrong, I don't say I'm always right):
- The 3GS with the new bootrom that desactivated the kp24m (or whatever) exploit : they cannot be jailbroken for now, unless they are jailbroken again on each reboot (useless).
- 3.1.3 OS which recently appeared : since at least february 3rd (for non-Apple geeks, weeks even days are important to us, thank you & forgive us) it seems it has been JB succesfully on 3G and maybe a few 3GS (with the old bootrom) by repatching certain files from the 3.1.2 : http://www.blogiphone.fr/2010/02/03/jailbreak-iphone-3-1-3-finalement-possible/

How far will Apple go to prevent JB ? Any relation with ATTs 3g saturated ? The 4G coming ?

arichie said:
You don't need to jailbreak the iPhone to turn 3G off. Edge data costs are fairly minimal it's so slow you are not going to use it for anything beyond checking basic email.

I blew through a $225 peso credit on EDGE in 4 days!

arichie said:
You don't need to jailbreak the iPhone to turn 3G off. Edge data costs are fairly minimal it's so slow you are not going to use it for anything beyond checking basic email.

Indeed. Just need to set it for EDGE and turn off 3G.

Even easier, turn off your data when you're not using it. That's all I had to do whenever I would take my iPhone from the US to another country. Never had any funny charges because I turned Data off.

If you need it, turn it on.

FYI, on movistar presently you can send a text with "D" to 2345 and get up to 1GB for 2 days for 9 pesos. A pretty good deal if you ask me. After my 2 days are up, I turn off data. When I need it again, i repurchase. Cheers.

I suppose you need a DNI for this, but my kids have a fixed monthly phone + sms pack of 65$, and above that I pay them 15$ per month for 200 MB data. That is enough for them. They don't mail all that much, but chat a lot, FB a lot, and call through 3G skype every weekend.

They are both very anxious to get the new Iphone (they both have the 1st 3G's that are more then 2 years old and are starting to fail, and of course, they want the new "gadget" :D), and I hope I can do it with the plan they have now, and that I don't have to switch to the 189$ iphone plan.

I don't have a DNI, our phones are on the name of my husbands (argentine) socio.

When we go abroud, i switch of 3G and data roaming off, the kids take out their argentine card, and we all use our old Belgian SIM. I must recharge my phone before going because incoming phones abroud consume all my phone credit in no time. Then I have to call an argentine friend to go to the kiosko and buy more credit :)

Back