Is President Kirchner Improving The Lives Of Argentinos?

Is President Cristina Kirchner Improving the Lives of Argentinos?

• Yes

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • No

Votes: 68 86.1%

• Total voters
There were never so few people without work.

We can not say the same in Europe...

Argentina has many problems, a government that pay debt instead of taking debt for selling cheap dollars is a government that face problems.

Europe isn't a country!

Also, what quality of jobs are included in the farcical statistics you refer to? Pick any country in Europe and see if you can find poverty to the extent that exists here! Find me a villa in a major european city.

I simply do not believe many of the jobs included on the statistics are real jobs. They are jobs which maintain levels of poverty.

Want to know how to create real jobs? Open up the economy to the world. Attract FDI, stop trying to live on an island, take the opportunities which stare the country in the face.

Do you never ask yourself why Chile, Uruguay and Brazil do not face runaway inflation and have growing economies? Will you keep telling yourself statistical faery stories to sleep at night forever?

Cutting loose historical baggage and re-engaging with the world is the absolute only hope for Argentina.

IMF and Argentina.
Republic of Argentina deposited $400, 000,000 to IMF last week. What gives with the "I hate the evil IMF?
Sounds like a good deal for Argentina. IMF, lender of last resort. Do not think all is well in Cristanaville

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-26/anti-imf-stand-forgotten-when-cash-on-the-line-argentina-credit.html

With all my respect, your comment is naive.

Last dictatorship government no only killed a lot of people, it also destroyed the industry and created the first big international debt (90 billion dollars). So, with a big debt without an industry creating wealth is difficult to success.

Brasil, venezuela and chile's dictator used those loand to develope industry. Chile with copper, brasil with oil and the shoe industry, venezuela we all know.

Meanwhile, videla used those 90 billion to put a ridicoulous low dollar knows as plata dulce (sweet money). The speculation was so huge that even general motors stop producing and used the pesos to buy dollars.

So, General Balsa was accurate when he said about Videla that he was a mediocre with power.

Until 1973 argentina has almost no debt ( it was about 3 billion), the 2 nd widest medium class on the world after the US.

Videla also opened the economy as you preach. I use the word preach because those dogmas you mentioned are simple dogmas like when at church they assert that the world was created in 7 days.

Regarding unemployment, are you going to deny the fact that the eurozone has 12% of people without a work?

Come on!

We have less and we are a third world country.

With all my respect, your comment is naive.

Last dictatorship government no only killed a lot of people, it also destroyed the industry and created the first big international debt (90 billion dollars). So, with a big debt without an industry creating wealth is difficult to success.

Brasil, venezuela and chile's dictator used those loand to develope industry. Chile with copper, brasil with oil and the shoe industry, venezuela we all know.

Meanwhile, videla used those 90 billion to put a ridicoulous low dollar knows as plata dulce (sweet money). The speculation was so huge that even general motors stop producing and used the pesos to buy dollars.

So, General Balsa was accurate when he said about Videla that he was a mediocre with power.

Until 1973 argentina has almost no debt ( it was about 3 billion), the 2 nd widest medium class on the world after the US.

Videla also opened the economy as you preach. I use the word preach because those dogmas you mentioned are simple dogmas like when at church they assert that the world was created in 7 days.

Regarding unemployment, are you going to deny the fact that the eurozone has 12% of people without a work?

Come on!

We have less and we are a third

world country.

Argentine industry has been doomed since the time of Perón to produce inferior products that only exist because successive governments have protected them from quality competitors.

If you take a look, Nestor began with 17,3 % of unemployment and she has by 2012 6.9 %.

http://es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desempleo_en_Argentina

So yes, the K are improving the life of the Argentines.

Argentine industry has been doomed since the time of Perón to produce inferior products that only exist because successive governments have protected them from quality competitors.

I can forgive you this only if you are an expat because you show a huge ignorancy about basic AR history.

There was almost no industry before Peron.
Let's make a brief of his goals:
He developed:
1. The atomic energy industry;
2. The oil refineries;
3. Acindar (one of the few still factories)
4. Aluar (the only alloy factory)
5. Fabricaciones militares (guns for army)
6. Rio tercero explosives factory
7. Aircraft industry
8. Tank industry
9. Car industry
Plus the development of small industry.

I suggest you a simple reading:
http://es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historia_de_la_industria_en_la_Argentina
Regards

I suggest this reading too:
http://www.pagina12.com.ar/diario/economia/2-92543-2007-10-06.html

IMF and Argentina.
Republic of Argentina deposited $400, 000,000 to IMF last week. What gives with the "I hate the evil IMF?
Sounds like a good deal for Argentina. IMF, lender of last resort. Do not think all is well in Cristanaville

http://www.bloomberg...ina-credit.html

That's interesting. SDRs aren't synonymous with dollars.

The U.S. trade deficit in March decreased to a 3-year low with China, meaning less dollars are being sent to the Chinese central bank. Money velocity in the U.S. is at historic lows. China has established currency agreements with numerous G20 countries, including Argentina, over the past several years. The governor of the Chinese central bank has advocated for SDRs to replace the USD as the reserve currency.

It's all very interesting. Maybe Argentina knows something that some do not.

Sigh, once more for the dogmatically blind. Eurozone is not a country.

Say it again, slowly. Apples and oranges. Will you answer my questions? I suspect you cannot.

1. Which European capital has villas? Statistics are plain nonsense when you take a trip round the villas and see inequality thriving , poverty before your own eyes. Maybe while you are there you can give them a quick lesson in eating for six pesos per day. Hope you have a sharp knife to divide up the 7/8ths of an alfajore that buys. Would I rather be on the dole in Holland or working in one of your poverty line jobs here? If you have to ask....

2. Are you claiming, with a straight face, that all these jobs are enabling people to exit the poverty trap the government is creating through inflation of the price of basic goods? With a straight face you approve the political manipulation of indec figures and then with a straight face ask us to believe the unemployment statistics! You appear to be a little more than just naive.

If we are to discuss politics we will have to move beyond your zero sum game, black vs white, populism vs neoliberalism, peron vs the military. A blend of market regulation, worker protection and balanced international trade. Look to the nordic countries as prime examples. Oil and gas state managed for the benefit of the people as opposed to the benefit of a kleptocratic elite.

This country cannot move forward until someone emerges to unite the people with the will to take their place in the world. This has nothing to with the IMF, Menem or any of your other bogeymen which you like to use a justification for populism in the 21st century.

Menem was corrupt (i have asked on here about those leopards which strangely changed their spots and are now K's...no answer)the military (apart from morally corrupt and murderous) were inept at managing the economy. So, now my position is clear. I believe in centrist govt, blend of socially inclusiveness and positive engagement with international markets. Not any of your bogeymen you are attempting to slur me with. I wont rise to your jibes about 7 day miracles, maybe that works in court or with children.

Back