Is President Kirchner Improving The Lives Of Argentinos?

Is President Cristina Kirchner Improving the Lives of Argentinos?

• Yes

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • No

Votes: 68 86.1%

• Total voters
Yes, bajo_cero, the Kirchner bitch is fully ruling ''for the will of the Argentines'', in fact, you guys should know that in fact she doesn't even accept salary, she completely dedicates her life to the public good. You guys really don't know anything about Argentina, if you were an Argentine, you knew that our current president has never made a mistake in her life and that her policies have turned Argentina into one of the least corrupt, most equal, most developed, most democratic countries in the world, and that really is only because of the benevolent character of miss Kirchner. Even the Jews think that their Messiah has finally arrived, in the form of Kirchner. Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner is an innocent angel whose humble presence makes our greedy world full of golpistas, Clarins and the imperialist empire a little better each day.

I used to not adhere to this eternal truth, but like every foreigner, I needed the useful lessons taught by bajo_cero to leave my naiveté behind. I am totally converted now.

VIVA CRISTINA 2015!!!!

1184868613_1.jpg

Running in 2015 is unfortunately a matter of life and death for K.

If she leaves office then she could spend the rest of her life in jail due to corruption charges.

This is the tradition in many countries when a new regime takes power.

Is she grooming any possible successor like Chavez had with the Bird Whisperer in Venezuela that would insure she stays out of jail?

... a couple of months later CFK went and stole all of the dollars in the Private Pension Funds. It's not like people are making these things up. They have instance after instance where the government has stolen from them (suitcases of laundered US Dollars from Venezuela...)

Haven't heard about this, can you tell me more?

To assert that this government is the same than de la rua or menen is to be blind, missinformated or to have the will to confuse the reader.

Menem and de la rua behaved like employed of the imf and it means that they were not ruling for the good of the argentines. We all know how did it finished.

You might agree or not, but the big difference of the K is that the do rule for the benefit of argentines:
A) they paid 100% of the debt with the MFI to avoid its interference in the economy (every country that follow its requests has a social and economy disaster)
B) about 2.500.000 notebooks for public schools students;
C) the social help is attach to send children to achool;
D) the complains about the indec are naive because the k saved a lot of money with the fake statics;
E) nationalization of ypf.
And so on.

You guys should have lived here in menemismo. Not only the quantity of corruption cases, but the quality!!! think of diputrucho, totally impossible nowadays, to put the waiter and pass himself off as a diputado!!! the huge corruption in every single privatization, they sold out everything very cheap, and they certainly took a part of each, and here is present also the buyer, the private corruption we talked about than negotiated the price with the government, sooooooo the opposite of what CFK would do now. There was an important case of corruption almost every week, and since the policy of privatization and make smaller the State, there were always a big enterprize envolved, like the IBM-Banco Nacion, Siemmens, Iberia, the tv channels, etc.. They were all laughing in our faces, it was grotesque, and the unemployment went from 5% to 25%, the poverty from 6% to 53% in 2002. Argentina was the best student the IMF had, they made every single recipe they told, they followed the manual exactly how they said: privatization, deindustrialization and transform the economy into an agro-export model, with a tiny internal market and millions and millions excluded of the economy, stop inflation, take debt, obviously from them, so they can regulate the interest rate, every step they took in that direction, in the direction of international organisms where the USA rules, every single step was announcing the 2001 debacle. This government is going in the exact opposite direction, without debt, recovering the big enterprizes the state had (that means quality jobs for a loooooot of people), include people into the formal economy, expand the internal market and (the intention of) industrialization.

This being said, I strongly believe that the Kirchners are in fact corrupted. Theres a youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0sVahmUAps

that speaks for itself, this is just a sample of Kirchner adulation to Menems policies. They also opposed to some of them, but they did apply the most of their policies. I talk to a guy who knows a lot of these things and he told me that with the YPF privatization as Santa Cruz is a petroleum province the Ks stole like 500 million dollars. And is not only the Ks, there are a lot of intendentes, gobernadores, there are a lot of poor provinces governed by maffias, and the real social base of kirchnerismo, sadly, is the poor people of the conurbano, managed by punteros, intendentes, all this huge mass of people with little to no political or civic education. That is call in spanish "aparato", thats the poverty net that they take advantage for, beyond this government is dealing and trying to change that situation or not.

This government surely is corrupted but is definetely less corrupted than Menemismo, De la Rua and Duhalde (number one narco), and its not something that will change if this government leaves, as I said, its cultural, is property of the country, of the society, not something distinctive of this government. You have to be very stupid to believe that corruption will stop with a new government, no one can change this in a short term.

A few years ago CFK nationalised private pension funds. Decided that privately managed funds were charging exorbitant amounts for doing too little, and it was time all that money came home. Once she announced that she was nationalising all private pension funds, funds held in the US were sequestered to pay off Argentine debt.

The national pension fund is one of the largest holders of Argentine bonds. Yup, those same bonds which the government is manipulating inflation statistics, so as to avoid paying a fair rate of interest on them. Whilst its true that $$$s are being saved by manipulating inflation statistics, the biggest losers are the Argentine public, who own bonds as part of their pensions fund.

The sweeping generalities on political and business corruption, etc here do have some merit but get a little tiresome over time. Certainly, I have been broadsided more than a few times by people who want to "one up me" on a few things, but by and large the argentines I deal with in business or otherwise almost want to go out of their way to prove that they are "not like the others (corruptos)".

Society will change One Person at a Time with individual decisions made relative to the context of the situation. But yes, I basically expect some form of revenge (venganza) here dealing with expats just because "we are".

Nevertheless, always happy to be here; always happy to leave too!

To assert that this government is the same than de la rua or menen is to be blind, missinformated or to have the will to confuse the reader.

Menem and de la rua behaved like employed of the imf and it means that they were not ruling for the good of the argentines. We all know how did it finished.

You might agree or not, but the big difference of the K is that the do rule for the benefit of argentines:
A) they paid 100% of the debt with the MFI to avoid its interference in the economy (every country that follow its requests has a social and economy disaster)
B) about 2.500.000 notebooks for public schools students;
C) the social help is attach to send children to achool;
D) the complains about the indec are naive because the k saved a lot of money with the fake statics;
E) nationalization of ypf.
And so on.

I think you have provided a weak list of "achievements". My girlfriend is studying teaching, I have a friend who is a public primary school teacher, Argentina public school system is in the worst shape they have seen it. La UBA is sliding, its still a prestigious university in Latin America, dont get me wrong, but its nothing like it was.

The 2.5m netbooks was a good plan. But I certainly wouldnt vote for a government on that one factor.

The Ks should be able to pay back all the debt and more, the Soy and Grains boom has saved this government and country over the last 10 years. Lets not forget the nationalisation of pension funds which was another cash grab. Oh and funny that these pension funds are the ones buying Argentine government bonds, of which the fudged inflation numbers directly impact.

The nationalisation of YPF is certainly not in a state to be judged as a success or not yet. Its been what, 12 months haha.

But, on the other hand why didnt you mention the re-acquisition of Aerolineas Argentina? This success loses USD 2 million per day.

Menem was a corrupt, thieving, useless HDP. Free market policies can work in South America, just take a look across the Andes.

Napoleon, menem and de la rua used to take international loans to keep people happy selling those dollars in the market at a cheap price. The debt grew up 90 billions.

The K, instead, use the dollars the country have for paying the debt.

Nobody likes to pay taxes and everybody is gong to try to justify him self.

Well , Gee Whiz , NOBODY will lend money to Argentina now anyway. SO that argument sure wont fly. Chavez is not here to buy all the bonds anymore. It is called trying to keep your head above water. By lying regarding inflation , and hoarding dollars. ( Government is doing , wow , what the PEOPLE are doing !!) They cannot bail the boat fast enough. It is sinking.... down , down , down......

Reality is just not in some peoples grasp.

Menem was a corrupt, thieving, useless HDP. Free market policies can work in South America, just take a look across the Andes.

Trying to convince him that what Argentina needs is less government intervention instead of more is akin of trying to convince a typical American that the US needs to interfere less on other countries, not more, in order to protect itself. It just not going to happen. When reality fail to meet their expectations, they simply start doing selective interpretation of the facts. It is a waste of time.

Back