Is the expat party coming to an end?

Many "shock therapy" programs implemented in Eastern Europe after the collapse of communism were quite similar, in my opinion. No dollarization, of course, but these efforts involved the privatization of inefficient state-run companies. See, for example, Balcerowicz Plan in Poland and 500 Days Program in Russia.

It was not an easy walk in the park, with the economy declining strongly immediately afterward. I recall, a lot of desperate people complaining that there was too little therapy and too much shock.
This is a 'Shock Therapy 101' example of how it was implemented in Russia. I guess you can already see some analogies and get a general idea of where it is likely to go.

For all expats here complaining about increased costs, here it's still a cake walk compared to food prices in the US. I get updates on food costs at Publix in Ft Lauderdale. It'll make your hair curl.

I just got back from Uruguay 10k Arg pesos for two thin supermarket hamburger patties (no bread or salad just the patties) with soggy reheated frozen fries

I just got back from Uruguay 10k Arg pesos for two thin supermarket hamburger patties (no bread or salad just the patties) with soggy reheated frozen fries
Of course Uruguay was expensive before the current Argentine inflation.

I got here at the end of 2017 when the peso was still stuck at 15:1.

I remember a beer at the Temple on Costa Rica and Gurruchaga was $100 pesos, so $6.60 USD.

A tin of tun and a block if cheese cost me $8 USD.

Weird little things I remember.

Then, with the Macrisis onwards its got cheap.

I hope the dollar doesn’t stay stuck at the 1000 for much longer

I got here at the end of 2017 when the peso was still stuck at 15:1.

I remember a beer at the Temple on Costa Rica and Gurruchaga was $100 pesos, so $6.60 USD.

A tin of tun and a block if cheese cost me $8 USD.

Weird little things I remember.

Then, with the Macrisis onwards its got cheap.

I hope the dollar doesn’t stay stuck at the 1000 for much longer
I remember the Macri days being much more expensive, relatively, but I never paid close to that much for a beer in Argentina. You folks over in Palermo/Recoleta really pay up for the good life.

When the dollar was at $17 I was getting tuna (lomitos) for $17, o sea, for a dollar (Día brand). I remember tuna prices because I give it to my spoiled cats.

But I also remember paying much more for electricity and for expensas. I remember paying US$60/month for each of those during some months. This past month, I paid $24,000 for expensas and $9000 for electricity, without subsidies. Quite a difference.

Within 6 months wirh inflation at 25 percent per month prices will be more than double todays . With a controlled blue rate argentina will lose 75 percent of its tourists and nomad traders who choose Argentina for its low cost of living . Steak will reach 20 dollars a kilo by the end of 2024 and this to me is a outrage in 2003 it was 3 dollars maximum . Those were the best years 2003 to 2008 cheap and very good quality

Within 6 months wirh inflation at 25 percent per month prices will be more than double todays . With a controlled blue rate argentina will lose 75 percent of its tourists and nomad traders who choose Argentina for its low cost of living . Steak will reach 20 dollars a kilo by the end of 2024 and this to me is a outrage in 2003 it was 3 dollars maximum . Those were the best years 2003 to 2008 cheap and very good quality

Keep calm and carry on. I don’t think this will come to pass.

Infation will be under control by April. Even if it's not $20 / kg is still cheaper than my home country

Back