Just assaulted I feel not good at all

mick0 said:
Bulnes,
The only thing I am able to think now is to buy a knife, and because violence will go to much more violence to never again go to that place.

Please do not think of using a knife to "defend" yourself and do not even hit any of these punks if you see them again. I believe it is illegal to hit a minor in Argentina, even in self defense. If that is true, they could cause you even more trouble.

If this ever happend to me (in public in Argentina) I would (verbally) go nuts, hopefully intimidating the perps, and I would loudly shame those who stood by and did nothing (my Spanish is good enought to do so).

The fact that I'm 6'2"/195lbs (and act very self assured even when I'm not) might have something to do with the fact that nothing like this ever actually happened to me during my four years in Capital Federal (or anywhere else in the world at any time in my life), but perhaps I've just been lucky.

When I first arrived in BA I lived at Charcas and Guise and used the Bulnes station often. I never felt threatened or witnessed any violence whatsoever. I am sorry I can't go there with you now.

Let us know how things go you won`t see them again in the same situation i wonder why they overreacted that way, if they all went mad at the same time or what, I was yesterday at Bulnes station and is always with people I don`t understand how this could happened.....

firstly I have just notice today, along BA streets are a lot of rubble, ...it can become fast weapons.

>if they all went mad at the same time or what
yes, so I lost the control of the situation
it was some troubles in the McDonald's. A few minutes later I had the choice to turn left and do a low profile, or right to try to reason 1, which became 2 of them, then no more than 10 seconds later about 10, yet armed and throwing macadams.

As for me 8-10 am is the safest time slot, Bulnes the safest subway station, so Bulnes doesn't matter, could have been elsewhere.

mick0 said:
firstly I have just notice today, along BA streets are a lot of rubble, ...it can become fast weapons.

>if they all went mad at the same time or what
yes, so I lost the control of the situation
it was some troubles in the McDonald's. A few minutes later I had the choice to turn left and do a low profile, or right to try to reason 1, which became 2 of them, then no more than 10 seconds later about 10, yet armed and throwing macadams.

As for me 8-10 am is the safest time slot, Bulnes the safest subway station, so Bulnes doesn't matter, could have been elsewhere.

So they pulled up pieces of the street? AFAIK macadams is asphalt/tarmac, no?

Yes, this certainly can happen anywhere, especially when confronting a bunch of testosterone loaded teenage boys. It's a shame, but these types of incidents should be left to the police/security guards.

Sorry this happened to you. But I wouldn't let it make you nervous around the area. I live 5 blocks from there and in the almost 3 years I've lived here I have never seen anything bad happen. So, take comfort in knowing this is very unusual.

South American street thugs like to throw things when getting into fights, or when running away from them. Preferably rocks or pieces of broken street tile.

Stay away from confronting these types of people, as was said before, they have nothing to lose and will become violent without warning. If you do confront them, expect them to confront you right back. But unlike you, they will not be reasonable.

Has no one taught you to mind your own business when traveling a new country or city??

I would have helped the old man, but left the scolding alone. You see the amount of kids living in the streets and sniffing glue, smoking paco, and doing nothing? They have nothing to lose. Consider yourself lucky it was just a stoning and save the moral scolding for your own family...

And I wouldn't bother reporting it, the police won't do anything. Just be smart and consider it a lesson learned.

A song you should listen to. (sorry this happened)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWaXtYzhywI

While the traveling through this big iron world
It'll sometimes ask of you
To give advice at certain times
And tell folks what to do

Well, at this time, I'm gonna tell you
What's the wisest plan
When it comes to mixing in with things
That you just don't understand, hmm

Let it alone, let it alone
If it don't concern you, let it alone
Don't go around putting on airs
And meddling in other folks' affairs

mini said:
AFAIK macadams is asphalt/tarmac, no?
No.

Asphalt is asphalt, and macadam is macadam: A single sized aggregate layers of stone with a coating of binder as a cementing agent are mixed in an open-structured macadam.

I do, however, doubt there are any macadamized roads in Capital Federal, they are covered with either concrete or asphalt.

Back