Justice For The Kirchnerista!

My father-in-law loves Cristina - to the point he gets emotional when he hears her speak. :mellow:

I don't know how such an intelligent and kind hearted man can idealize her so much... but I think he truly believes she is not like all the other crooked politicians before her.
You could show him the below (the 2008-2009 drop is because 50 percent of Néstor Kirchner's assets were inherited by his sons after his death.). 10-fold in 8 years, not bad.

Kirchners-net-worth-chart.png

Not sure what inflation was like in 2003-2005, but 8 years at 30% inflation would represent an 8 fold increase.

The inflation was much lower before 2010 as can be seen here: http://www.indexmund....aspx?c=ar&v=71

Accumulated inflation was app. 68% during the years 2003-2009

Edit: Note that 2007 is missing from the table, but as can be seen from the curve, there is reason to assume it was somewhere between 2006 and 2008 - I set it at 9% in the above accumulation.

Reactions: jp
My father-in-law loves Cristina - to the point he gets emotional when he hears her speak. :mellow:

I don't know how such an intelligent and kind hearted man can idealize her so much... but I think he truly believes she is not like all the other crooked politicians before her. That, or his allegiance has something to do with his Russian background. :p

I usually don't discuss political matters with family (especially not at the asado table) but I've found the best strategy is to just chink away at the illusion when real life situations pop up - like our recent troubles to acquire dollars to travel, the rising prices on everything, or the measures one must take due to insecurity. I just don't mention the K name.
My mother-in-law's bubble burst on its own... but he's still enamored. I don't think there's anything Cristina could do to sway him. That kind of blind devotion to a politican or ideal is dangerous.

Most people I know are anti-K, or simply unpolitical and dissatisfied. Now if my husband were a K, I don't think I could stand it. ;)

no doubt a cause for divorce, a K husband :D

I have friends who are avid Kirchneristas. I have been telling them the whole economic system they have built up is unsustainable to which they sneeringly retort "Well it's been nearly 10 years with them and things are going well". Semi-hyper inflation, currency restrictions, depreciating currency, import restrictions. I mean, all of these are just band-aids on the Model K Economy. If things were going swimmingly they would not need any of these. Without them the whole thing would crash. They still don't get it.

The inflation was much lower before 2010 as can be seen here: http://www.indexmund....aspx?c=ar&v=71

http://www.inflacionverdadera.com puts inflation in 2008 at 25%, and 2009 at 15%. I arrived at the end of 2007, and from what I remember inflation was a big issue then. Can't find any private estimates for 2003-2007, anyone who lived during that period able to comment?

Anyways, not disputing that they've stuffed their pockets during their time in office, but I guess to some extent the crazy inflation they've been responsible for accounts for their increase in net worth.

http://www.inflacionverdadera.com puts inflation in 2008 at 25%, and 2009 at 15%. I arrived at the end of 2007, and from what I remember inflation was a big issue then. Can't find any private estimates for 2003-2007, anyone who lived during that period able to comment?

Anyways, not disputing that they've stuffed their pockets during their time in office, but I guess to some extent the crazy inflation they've been responsible for accounts for their increase in net worth.

Inflation during 2003.2007 was below 5% . Anyhow, that is not the issue , NO investment in Argentina in CD's or stocks or bonds had a yield over 10 % . How could their net worth grow at rates above the inflation!! The best interest rates on CD's today is below 14%... ? When inflation rate is above 25%...??

You could show him the below (the 2008-2009 drop is because 50 percent of Néstor Kirchner's assets were inherited by his sons after his death.). 10-fold in 8 years, not bad.

Kirchners-net-worth-chart.png

Is this based on what they have declared? if not, may I ask how you measure it?

How could their net worth grow at rates above the inflation!!

I'd assume it includes assets - property, land and other things which have increased in value above inflation. I'm pretty sure the K's have done a load of land deals which have netted them a fortune.

Back