"Leaving America"

You see, you're watching too much television and your school teachers too, north american movies I mean.

Lucas said:
You see, you're watching too much television and your school teachers too, north american movies I mean.

Is English your first language?

Lucas said:
Steve, with due respect.
---snip---
Regards...from an american. :rolleyes:

With all due respect Lucas, words have more than one meaning. And by the way, in English America and American are capitalized.

steveinbsas said:
Is English your first language?

You kidding me, right?

If it was my first I will persistently assure you that America is the one and only one America that there is there in whole world, the rest will be some kind on sub-american states with not connection with the real America....then, if I were a true blue American, which I can assure you that I'm too but not from that part of America you are thinking of.

steveinbsas said:
In the link you provided CNN did not dispute anything Beck said in his so-called "attacks.".

I repeat my question: Has he (Beck) said anything about Soros that isn't true?

Yes, most of what comes out of his mouth is untrue. Wake-up and look at some of the stuff yourself. Beck's attacks border on being anti-semitic.

http://mediamatters.org/research/201011090036

gouchobob said:
Yes, most of what comes out of his mouth is untrue. Wake-up and look at some of the stuff yourself. Beck's attacks border on being anti-semitic.

http://mediamatters.org/research/201011090036

Media matters is your source?

Doesn't Soros give money to media matters?

I watch Glenn Beck almost every evening. One thing he is not is anti-semitic...or even bordering on it.

From the Media Matters link:

"Beck: Soros controls the economy

Beck cited anti-Semitic smear that Soros pursued a Jewish "agenda" to collapse Southeast Asian currencies. On the October 5, 2010, edition of his Fox News show, Beck continued his smear campaign against George Soros, saying that "many, including the Malaysian prime minister, believe it was billionaire speculator George Soros who helped trigger the [Southeast Asian] economic meltdown" in 1997, a reference to former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad's false and anti-Semitic claim that Soros was part of a Jewish "agenda" to collapse Southeast Asian currencies. In an October 10, 1997, report from the Malaysian newspaper Berita Harian (excerpted by BBC Summary of World Broadcasts, accessed via Nexis), Mahathir was quoted as saying: "We do not want to say that this is a plot by the Jews, but in reality it is a Jew who triggered the currency plunge, and coincidentally Soros is a Jew. It is also a coincidence that the Malaysians are mostly Muslim."

Note that it was Media Matters that said Beck cited an anti-semetic smear. Beck did not say that Soros was part of a Jewish plot. That was said by former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad. Beck did say, as Media Matters quotes, "many, including the Malaysian prime minister, believe it was billionaire speculator George Soros who helped trigger the [Southeast Asian] economic meltdown." If Soros participated in the collapse of the currency (as Soros himself acknowledges proudly) it doesn't make Beck anti-semitic to quote either Soros or PM Mahathir Mohamad. Even if Mahathir is anti-semetic, that is completely irrelevant to the actual actions of Soros.

If you are going to assert that most of what comes out of Beck's mouth is untrue why can't you give us a few examples of his lies?

Perhaps we can start here: Was Beck lying when he said that Soros desires a New World Order without nations or that Soros advocates an "orderly decline of the dollar?" What do you think QE2 is all about? Where do you think it will lead if not to greater inflation and a dramatic increase in the price of food and clothing, just as Beck predicts? Is Beck lying or just being a fear monger?

If most of what he says is untrue we have nothing to worry about, right?

Lucas said:
You kidding me, right?

If it was my first I will persistently assure you that America is the one and only one America that there is there in whole world, the rest will be some kind on sub-american states with not connection with the real America....then, if I were a true blue American, which I can assure you that I'm too but not from that part of America you are thinking of.

I asked because you make so many grammatical errors that some of your posts are almost unintelligible.:rolleyes:

Lucas said:
As learned exclusively at "american schools" but not at schools worldwide.

Mmmm....not quite, Lucas. The US is not the only country that does not regard America as one giant continent. Since you're such a fan of Wikipedia, see for yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continent

The seven-continent model is usually taught in China and most English-speaking countries.

The six-continent combined-Eurasia model is preferred by the geographic community, the former states of the USSR (including Russia), and Japan.

The six-continent combined-America model is taught in Latin America, and some parts of Europe, including Greece[citation needed], Italy[citation needed], Portugal and Spain. This model may be taught to include only the five inhabited continents (excluding Antarctica)[20][21] — as depicted in the Olympic logo.[23]

The terms Oceania or Australasia are sometimes substituted for Australia. For example, the Atlas of Canada names Oceania,[14] as does the model taught in Latin America and Iberia.[24]

Back