Lots Of Money Found. What Would You Do?

In France, you have to bring something you found to a special Office, then it's yours after 1 year and 1 day if nobody asked for it.

Xtina has a suitcase that was unclaimed with $500K in it. Technically unclaimed. But I think she has invested that money in something beneficial to the populace?

More than 2 or 3 thousand pesos in $100 peso bills can not fit thru the Slot in the auto deposit machine ? Was it more than that? Amounts over $2000 should be deposited via window teller.

One should return it immediately when found, keeping it for days is suspicios...!! did the person keep some?

15K pesos might not be so bad. I'm sure there are also possible criminal charges.

These are criminal charges, so it's a fine, plus obviously they are going to want the stolen money back, plus a criminal conviction.

The person who lost/misplaced the money is probably tearing his/her hair out by now.
Maybe it was their weekly takings?
Savings, whatever?
GS, you've only got two choices:
Do nothing.
Take the dosh back to the bank insisting on a written confirmation and explain everything as soon as possible, bearing in mind that yes, you are probably on film, date stamped.
If you choose the latter, which I believe you will, you have a clear conscience and will know you have done the right thing for someone.

In France, you have to bring something you found to a special Office, then it's yours after 1 year and 1 day if nobody asked for it.
Same in Japan, after a year, and you do not have to pay tax on the receipts! But 90 % of the time an owner appears then claims it but the 10 % finder fee is not to bad.

When you make a cash deposit in the ATM, it prints a ticket with the deposit information, including amount, transaction number, and account number, which you're supposed to put in the envelope with the cash when you make the deposit.

Did you find this ticket?

If so, I'd make a copy of that ticket and give the money to one of the employees at the desks inside the bank, in the presence of one of his/her peers, and get a receipt.

If there's no deposit slip, it's highly unlikely that the money will ever find it's way to the owner (based on personal experience with an ATM incident).
At some banks they also ask for the envelope number during the transaction so there is a record of where the money would go to.

unfortunately i think that if you gave it to someone in the bank they would just keep it. I haven't read the whole thread so maybe this was already answered, but there should be a little paper inside with all the info. I would find the owner that way!

Hmm....inside the bank? Would suspect a Kodak moment. Surveillance cameras?

Back