Lots Of Money Found. What Would You Do?

People telling/ suggesting GS what to do seem to ignore the fact that he already took action. He was trying to find out what people's take on this was, but he already asked a local friend and made a decision. I'm sure he will shortly share that and the outcome. Come on people all you need to do here is read!

I think given your situation, the answer would have been easy for me:

Like someone else said, go to the manager (not a teller) and tell him/her the situation, and that you want proof you turned it in.

Now, if I found that envelope say in the middle of nowhere? and with no info on it? I'd thank the good Lord above for keeping
me above water for another few weeks/months and donate a portion of it to a cause I believe in. Only because there's no way
to tell who the owner is.

When I was living in Canadá I found a wallet of a Japanese woman at work so I called the Japanese consulate in Toronto and told them
Her ID was in it, and gave them the romanized name on her credit cards (I can't read Japanese text) and told the contents and our hours.
There was a visa, mc, jcb, and about 30K in JPY ($304.00 USD). I put it in the work safe, and the money/cars/id all stayed there and I assume
it's still there now. It's been about 4 months I'd say.

I have a soft spot for travelers like myself and know how frightening it would be for me. The consulate said they'd contact her, but I guess she
already left perhaps...

More than 2 or 3 thousand pesos in $100 peso bills can not fit thru the Slot in the auto deposit machine ? Was it more than that? Amounts over $2000 should be deposited via window teller.

One should return it immediately when found, keeping it for days is suspicios...!! did the person keep some?
indeed, and maybe that explains why the machine couldn`t take the envelope

unfortunately i think that if you gave it to someone in the bank they would just keep it. I haven't read the whole thread so maybe this was already answered, but there should be a little paper inside with all the info. I would find the owner that way!

You are making comments that are very untrue . The banks keep records of all transactions and they will make sure that it is given to the rightful owner .

You are making comments that are very untrue . The banks keep records of all transactions and they will make sure that it is given to the rightful owner .
I definitely hope your right! but I heard a of a retiree taking out all of their savings and being robbed the same night, and it was later found that the robber was linked to the bank teller! totally different story, but for that and a few other stories I'm not too trusting of giving money in an envelope to an employee hoping they will track down the owner, i would rather do it myself to be sure the money was really returned!

Contact someone in the bank and hand it in. Found a wallet in a car park once. Had 300 quid in it. The policewoman was surprised to see the money there when I handed it in. Had to go out of my way to hand it in too.

This is GREAT GS keep the suspense going. All of the self righteous are slithering out to help you mend your ways. Look at the assumptions.

Use the bills as cheap wall paper :cool: ; if too ugly for that purpose hand it to bank manager against receipt.

Back