Lox And Bagels Anyone... Where?

Rich One

Registered
a place to find Lox and Bagels..?? Want to die and go to Lox & Bagels Heaven...!

186175904_6dd89f369e.jpg

bagel-with-lox-hvc_650.jpg

https://www.google.c...R7hCKkQ_AUIBigB

Earlier this year a tragedy took place in Chile at the salmon factories, with different versions if the speaker is the industry, workers or the government. The main point is that the salmon sold in Argentina comes from Chile, and now it is expensive and decreased its low quality more.

Last year good bagels where sold at Lattente (thames almost nicaragua street, palermo soho) on sundays, made by Sheikob´s Bagels.

Oh yes, I want one. Ingredients are easy to find but what fun would that be?

Yeah a days adventure go find the Bagels then schlep to Jumbo for Phili Cream Cheese, Chilean Smoked Salmon and lemons, plus Capers, off to the Verduleria for Red Onions. Bon Apetite..!! :)

bagels-lox-wine-header-fb.jpg

The nearest good bagels are in Miami.
My wife tried to make them here but the ingredients weren't good.
The above photo is exactly what I used to eat for lunch in Fla, Einsteins everything Bagels with capers, lox and onion.

Roxana:
Kindly explain what the "tragedy" was that "earlier this year took place in Chile at the salmon factories" I do not believe there was any human error.
The southern Pacific waters on Chile's coast are awash with a virulent,pervasive and lethal microbe.
This has been the cause of their abundant use of antibiotics to fight this toxic algae bloom.I am not aware of any other "tragedy".
Unfortunately,this abundant albeit necessary use of antibiotics has caused considerable alarm in their main customers and they have had a bad 2015 and '16.
They had a similar problem in 2007 and it took them 5 years to come back in 2012 (see Food Safety News,Ross Anderson,April 30,2012)
They have lost many customers to Norway as a result.In my view,Mother Nature has dealt them a nasty problem which is not easy to handle
If you feel that the quality of Chilean salmon was always low, you are free to think that.
However,to their credit Chilean entrepreneurial.spirit had bulit that industry from scratch to become the world's 2nd salmon exporter which is no small achievement.

The nearest good bagels are in Miami.
My wife tried to make them here but the ingredients weren't good.
The above photo is exactly what I used to eat for lunch in Fla, Einsteins everything Bagels with capers, lox and onion.

When did Einstein Bros start selling bagels?

Chilean Salmon quality is excellent , as a matter of fact most restos in California still advertise Norwegian Salmon but is all from Chile.
32,000 tons of Salmon died in March 2016 due to algal bloom see link
The price has increased to 6 per lb. not bad!! jajajaj

http://www.thefishsite.com/fishnews/27362/over-32-thousand-tons-of-dead-salmon-already-removed-in-chile-disaster/

As far as I know, Albert was not associated with Einstein Bros.

Casa China and Tina in Chinatown both sell bagels. They're not bad if you toast them. These stores also sell Philadelphia cream cheese. If not available Finlandia or "Pittsburgh" would be a good substitute.

Back