Making Women Feel More Comfortable Here (Women's Only Poll)

Do you sometimes feel uncomfortable reading posts posted in the BA Expats forums?

• Yes

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
This is the internet, there are no girls on the internet. That is rule # something or other.

Reactions: Joe
By scaring women away (and scaring Argentinos away as well) the forum tends to have a Euro/Yanqui Male bias which makes it less interesting, less diverse and less useful.

My suggestions:

1) Men should steer clear of the women's forum.
2) Men should not proposition women in any form on this forum - joking or otherwise
3) Men should not talk about stereotypical women
4) Men should not talk about their romantic adventures and conquests

I love stirring the pot more than anyone but I don't think any of the above is necessary, useful nor entertaining.

Then why did you recently start a poll that asked if I deserved the violence unleashed by my Argentine girlfriend?

I find it interesting that although the concerns are how we females feel, the poll questions were made by men...perhaps some discussion with potential sample members (women) about options in formulating the potential survey responses might have given more insightful and meaningful information on this topic.....

Then why did you start a poll that asked if I deserved the violence unleashed by my Argentine girlfriend?
That poll was in bad taste and I acknowledged it as a mistake in short order. I, as many, make the mistake believing that male victims of spousal abuse is not a serious matter. We actually discussed this today in Coffee Chat as a poll that I made that I regretted and was relieved it was deleted quickly.

I do think it would be interesting to run a poll on the percentage of people who have suffered from spousal abuse and to divide it between males and females but it is a very sensitive subject that might not be appropriate for this forum.

I find it interesting that although the concerns are how we females feel, the poll questions were made by men...perhaps some discussion with potential sample members (women) about options in formulating the potential survey responses might have given more insightful and meaningful information on this topic.....
I agree and maybe the results of this poll might be useful in developing a more insightful poll by a female member(s) on how to make the forum more inclusive. One idea International Guy and I discussed was if the forum management could prevent males from looking and posting in the women's forum. Would this be worthwhile, etc.

Feel free to create your own poll. Joe and I really care about the issue and we actually talked to a couple of women about it during coffee chat.

I think you are working off some hypothesis that you would come up with this kind of a conclusion! I have no idea why you think that would make things better...in fact it feels to me like how women are segregated from male contact in certain cultures, supposedly for their own protection....very patronizing and paternalistic, and that's not even getting into the issues of Internet censure! I'm more interested in knowing what set you off on this idea in the first place?
Personally I'm more turned off by the aggressive, arrogant and rude behavior of whatever members than I am offended by males intrusion into the women's forum...but who am I to say? Just a woman......

Given the choice between free speech and lot's of rules laid down to "protect" the interests of a particular group I would choose free speech. If someone feels like they are being hassled, stalked, or otherwise abused there is a "Report" button on at the bottom of every post.

The women on this forum seem very capable of taking care of themselves, from what I've seen.

Back