massive power failure

According to this, there is no precedent of such a blackout of 50 million people and the Financial Times said it was shameful:

i'd love to see what evidence you have that macri's policy or whatever is directly responsible for the "first of a lifetime" type of failure.

i'll wait.

Well, well, well, someone who imagine he is at a criminal Court. Sorry, this is politics.

This is very simple. When CFK had the 2013 crisis of high demand of electricity that produced a lot of shortage [because the 2 electricity companies did Not comply with the contracts that states they must invest in infraestructure] instead of cancelling the contracts [big mistake], she paid with publics found for the improvements and the crisis was solved with state control. I already quoted a chart.

MM asserted that the poor companies [one of his best friend Lewis, Mindlin and Caputo] were not able to invest because of the low cost of electricity and he allowed them to rise the bill between 1000% up to 2400% and see what happends:
1) there is less demand of electricity since 2015;
2) however, the power cuts were up since 2015;
3) there is an obvious lack of state control because the companies are the State now.
4) so, they admitted there was a red light and nobody reacted because they probably fired the experta that should be there for this emergencies or replaced them with cheap labor force:
28A9A760-40DF-4E61-BE6C-168B39A1C54C.jpeg

So, the excuse of expensive electricity for a better service probed to be just another lie in one hand, just as this disaster is another proof of the failure of its administration just before the elections. Nice.

Leave the criminal trials for professionals. This is politics in an internet forum.

Ups, I’m actually prosecuting MM at a Criminal Federal Court...

Last edited:
According to this, there is no precedent of such a blackout of 50 million people and the Financial Times said it was shameful:

PoliticaArgentina does not seem to understand basic English. The article said it was embarrassing, not shameful.

The article also says, "Electricity experts said a blackout on the scale of Sunday’s disaster was not unprecedented. The northeastern US and Canada, for example, suffered a major outage in 2003 affecting tens of millions of people." But PoliticaArgentina seems to have taken that to mean "que dejó sin servicio eléctrico a casi 50 millones de personas “no tiene precedentes”". Literally "was not unprecedented" means the exact opposite, that "tiene precedentes" not the other way around.

PoliticaArgentina does not seem to understand basic English. The article said it was embarrassing, not shameful.

The article also says, "Electricity experts said a blackout on the scale of Sunday’s disaster was not unprecedented. The northeastern US and Canada, for example, suffered a major outage in 2003 affecting tens of millions of people." But PoliticaArgentina seems to have taken that to mean "que dejó sin servicio eléctrico a casi 50 millones de personas “no tiene precedentes”". Literally "was not unprecedented" means the exact opposite, that "tiene precedentes" not the other way around.

We do not use the word embarracing in Spanish, we use shameful.

Was there before a black out of 50 million people?

26 reclamos with Edenor later we have full power on .....1/2 building had power 1/2 in the dark for 2 days.....thanks to the power surge when it came back on it burned Some fusible links ,and wiring on Edenor's side

No, in Spanish we use vergüenza.
Which people who are not proficient in English translate to “shameful” without paying heed to context.
And then people who lack self-awareness double down on that wrong translation, even when corrected.

Just quit it.
A freak blackout once in a blue moon happens in places like Canada as well.
The good news is that we are decidedly out of the CFK era, where several per summer was the norm. Again, we all remember.
There are plenty of legitimate knocks on a president you don’t like. No need to give yourself away as a partisan hack with absolutely silly ones.

Was there before a black out of 50 million people?

Seems like you haven't read the original article or most of the posts in this thread. Yes, there have been multiple ones bigger than the one in Argentina & Uruguay. The 2003 one referenced both in the FT article and in this thread affected over 55 million people.

Well, well, well, someone who imagine he is at a criminal Court. Sorry, this is politics.

This is very simple. When CFK had the 2013 crisis of high demand of electricity that produced a lot of shortage [because the 2 electricity companies did Not comply with the contracts that states they must invest in infraestructure] instead of cancelling the contracts [big mistake], she paid with publics found for the improvements and the crisis was solved with state control. I already quoted a chart.

MM asserted that the poor companies [one of his best friend Lewis, Mindlin and Caputo] were not able to invest because of the low cost of electricity and he allowed them to rise the bill between 1000% up to 2400% and see what happends:
1) there is less demand of electricity since 2015;
3) there is an obvious lack of state control because the companies are the State now.
4) so, they admitted there was a red light and nobody reacted because they probably fired the experta that should be there for this emergencies or replaced them with cheap labor force:
View attachment 5871

So, the excuse of expensive electricity for a better service probed to be just another lie in one hand, just as this disaster is another proof of the failure of its administration just before the elections. Nice.

Leave the criminal trials for professionals. This is politics in an internet forum.

Ups, I’m actually prosecuting MM at a Criminal Federal Court...
so all this to still give no actual evidence that macri's policies had any true tie to the cause of the event. which to my understanding is still unknown but i haven't read the news today. nice :)

i get the political point you are trying to make. we will disagree on the state's responsibility, whether it be to rob public money from one place to pay for these investments or not. i agree with macri's intent, i have no idea if he did it for the right reasons or to keep money in his friend's pockets. in any case the cost of the services should be borne by the users, not the government printing money.

and even saying that, you can't truly expect rate increases that took place over the last few months to have an immediate impact on improvements on high voltage infrastructure. things don't get fixed that quickly even in the US.

Translation from Bajo-speak to English of bajo's latest post

Well, well, well, someone who imagine he is at a criminal Court.

Where facts matter.

Sorry, this is politics.

Where they don’t.

This is very simple. When CFK had the 2013 crisis of high demand of electricity that produced a lot of shortage [because the 2 electricity companies did Not comply with the contracts that states they must invest in infraestructure] instead of cancelling the contracts [big mistake], she paid with publics found for the improvements and the crisis was solved with state control.

We’re going to pretend it’s all the companies’ fault. No relation to the numbers or policy involved.

I already quoted a chart.

I quoted a chart, which was thoroughly debunked. I’m going to pretend that didn’t happen.

I’m going to keep throwing crap at the wall and seeing if it sticks, even though just about everybody on this forum was here then and knows it’s crap.

See points #1 and #2 above.

Back