Mcdonalds, Starbcucks and Burger King to be closed down soon!

fifs2 said:
Sad but true David. Even though most of our employees are non-unionized we gave up on prift sharing after 3 years as we suffered the effects of having to pay twice with the way the aguinaldo systems picks the highest payment in the period and we got tired trying to play the system with split payments etc. Never seen labor laws so contrary to helping honest employers who want to benefit their employees. Makes you want to squirrel away every last dime of profit in the good times cos god knows the big bad wolf ie the govt is coming with new ways to screw you for more taxes and drive you out of business!

Since government here takes cues and advice from nobody and wants to do everything their "own" way (which usually benefits themselves only) private businesses keep salaries very very low. I've never heard of anybody here getting bonuses outside of their aguinaldo and if they do I am SURE they are paid only in negro because they would be taken into account for aguinaldo if they weren't similar to what you said in your posting. Government policies are SO backwards here, and since many people are so convinced by them, I don't ever see them changing.

Davidglen77 said:
Furthermore, historically countries with strict labor laws suffer from high unemployment and low wages. It's amazing that governments don't look at this when creating legislation.

It's only amazing when viewed from the perspective that the government is really concerned about its citizenry, and not about staying in power and accruing more, via capturing votes from people who (for whatever reason) feel disenfranchised.

Many people (myself included, although I'm trying to change it) are ignorant about economics, aside from those economic theories accepted in whatever country you happen to be in. In Argentina, for example, the number of people who believe in a free market are a much smaller percentage than those in the US - even though the US has been steadily losing ground in this aspect over decades.

My sister-in-law is in the Empresarial program in school and I've helped her study some of the economic, business and contract law they are learning. It's definitely different from what I grew up with, and very much different from what I now believe.

The politicians help to propagate these beliefs.

Back