Mcdonalds, Starbcucks and Burger King to be closed down soon!

Can you imagine a job in the States that pays 13 months for 12 months of work, has more holidays than carter has peanuts, and to let someone go takes an act of congress?? Even the mínimum wage Jobs in MacDonalds in the states don´t offer that kind of protection

mjackson1946 said:
Can you imagine a job in the States that pays 13 months for 12 months of work, has more holidays than carter has peanuts, and to let someone go takes an act of congress?? Even the mínimum wage Jobs in MacDonalds in the states don´t offer that kind of protection

Are you saying that for an equivalent job here the employee is comparatively better off? I know in the states a McDonalds, Starbucks employee probably makes about $12 an hour but I am pretty sure here they would be making about well less than half of that.

I would say the Starbucks and McDonalds in Argentina offer more favorable conditions to their employees, and in the USA the employer has more favorable conditions. In Arg, both of these employees would belong to SEC - the Sindicato de Empleados de Comercio. They would make around $4000 pesos per month, full benefits, unlimited sick time, aguinaldo, good health care, etc. In the US these low paying retail jobs offer little or no benefits, McDonalds starts people at minimum wage, does not provide health insurance to hourly employees. Starbucks pays a slightly higher wage, and offers health insurance but the worker has to pay part of the premium.

BS 100%.............
This rumors are created by gorilas.

The Argie Gov has been making stupid ass mistakes in the last 2 years.

But this BS is Over the top.

Money still flowing very much in Argentina.
lots of expenders.
i believe the whole middle and upper class sees that the only way to surpass the inflation rates is to consume a lot more than they would do under stable prices.
That is the truth.
for me.

Gurbai pipel!

About what the Argentines are paid compared to McDonalds in the States, etc., What so many people don't understand is that the benefits come out of the employee's wages. If you have a lot of holidays and a lot of benefits, then you pay the employee less. I have thought since I came here that the government is winning the people because many think they are making the employer give them this or that. That comes from a terrible lack of economic education.

Same as I have seen in the States. One example is in our city the local government decided to tax all landlords to increase revenues. That way the people don't get upset because it is those "rich landlords" that will be taxed, not them. No, if expenses go up, rents will go up to cover the expense, tax or otherwise. Maybe not right away, but they will. The tenants will end up paying, but because they don't understand, they think it's great.

This is why politicians can fool so many people. I know I'll get argument here, but this is the fact. The more benefits you legislate the lower the wages for the workers. And if you legislate a minimum wage and it keeps the employer from making a reasonable profit, then employers will figure out a way to have fewer employees. I know we might like to dream about how it should be, but this is reality.

You´re absolutely right. Never is an expense absorbed by the employer, always passed on to the customer

Furthermore, historically countries with strict labor laws suffer from high unemployment and low wages. It's amazing that governments don't look at this when creating legislation. For example, I worked for a major financial institution back in New York, everybody had 401K and profit sharing, and stock option purchases, from the cleaning staff to the execs. When my department closed down, they paid small severance packages to everybody, but everybody got to keep their profit sharing contributions which were 100% employer funded. Some people who where there a good number of years walked away with 6 figures. I would much rather have my money given to me freely by an employer than being forced to pay me an indemnization. I've never heard of any employers here offering 401K or profit sharing, and I am sure thats because they have the government's and union's hands around their neck making them pay this and that so they are not willing to pay any extra money to the employees voluntarily.

trennod said:
Are you saying that for an equivalent job here the employee is comparatively better off? I know in the states a McDonalds, Starbucks employee probably makes about $12 an hour but I am pretty sure here they would be making about well less than half of that.

Trennod...? The minimum wage in the USA is as low as $4.40 in some states for smaller businesses and up to over $9.00 in Washington State, The average federal minimum wage $7.25. Where does McDonals pays over 50 % of the minimum wage?:confused:

http://www.dol.gov/whd/minwage/america.htm

Davidglen77 said:
Furthermore, historically countries with strict labor laws suffer from high unemployment and low wages. It's amazing that governments don't look at this when creating legislation. For example, I worked for a major financial institution back in New York, everybody had 401K and profit sharing, and stock option purchases, from the cleaning staff to the execs. When my department closed down, they paid small severance packages to everybody, but everybody got to keep their profit sharing contributions which were 100% employer funded. Some people who where there a good number of years walked away with 6 figures. I would much rather have my money given to me freely by an employer than being forced to pay me an indemnization. I've never heard of any employers here offering 401K or profit sharing, and I am sure thats because they have the government's and union's hands around their neck making them pay this and that so they are not willing to pay any extra money to the employees voluntarily.

Sad but true David. Even though most of our employees are non-unionized we gave up on prift sharing after 3 years as we suffered the effects of having to pay twice with the way the aguinaldo systems picks the highest payment in the period and we got tired trying to play the system with split payments etc. Never seen labor laws so contrary to helping honest employers who want to benefit their employees. Makes you want to squirrel away every last dime of profit in the good times cos god knows the big bad wolf ie the govt is coming with new ways to screw you for more taxes and drive you out of business!

Back