Mercado Libre with no DNI

keystrike

Registered
I have been using Mercado Libre for years but as of today it requested my DNI. I am not a resident here so I have no DNI, but the system is automated and rejects my passport. There is no option to write to a human. Has anyone else had this problem? It is ridiculous. I have tried going through the help system but it is just a big circle. There is no topic which addresses my question and I cannot find a way to write to their customer support.

If what you say is true (I am not doubting you, I just don't know if there is a solution for your problem ... I will be watching this thread to learn.) ... Argentina has a long way to go. And that is a big reason why they will always be playing catch up with the leading countries of the world.

In EE UU if a person wants to use Amazon or eBay for example, just create an account, use your credit or debit card and BINGO ... you just made a transaction. Your stuff is bought and you are happy. There is no such thing as needing your national identity number (Social Security Number in this case.) to be a user of the platform.

My guess here, is that if Mercado Libre has changed to collecting DNI's ... it has to do with Argentina / AFIP tracking people for the purposes of taxation. Now or in the future. That is some pretty serious oversight on someone who is merely trying to shop. When or where will this stop?

If I am off base ... please ... someone correct me. I want to understand this.

I have been using Mercado Libre for years but as of today it requested my DNI. I am not a resident here so I have no DNI, but the system is automated and rejects my passport. There is no option to write to a human. Has anyone else had this problem? It is ridiculous. I have tried going through the help system but it is just a big circle. There is no topic which addresses my question and I cannot find a way to write to their customer support.

I used to have that issue.
Way around it:
- Pay in cash via rappipago etc (the DNI was a security measure for card payments)
- Contact their help desk via their website, provide them with a selfie holding up your passport (I think they can enter your passport number as your ID number to enable future card purchases)

I, too, am a long time user until now. In the last few days they started asking me for a photo of my dni card. I sent it and they rejected it.

Try these numbers:

Números de contacto Mercado Libre
DepartamentoNúmero
Servicio al Cliente4640-8000
Contacto por WhatsApp+54 9 11 2722-7255

Otros teléfonos atención al cliente mercado libre
(011) 4545-2252
(011) 4545-3331
(011) 4545-3336
(011) 4545-4888
(011) 4545-1311
(011) 4545-4744
(011) 4640-8500

Before I had my DNI I was never able to use the site. I am surprised to see that you could use it without a DNI...

Before I had my DNI I was never able to use the site. I am surprised to see that you could use it without a DNI...
I used it for a while after registering my passport manually with their help desk. The only issue I had from time to time was a randomly generated security check on some card purchases asking for my DNI. If I entered my passport it would go to a second step insisting I upload my DNI. If I clicked another option to wait for ML to verify, it usually worked. Once I got my DNI I simply updated my profile myself and have had no issues ever since.

I used it for a while after registering my passport manually with their help desk. The only issue I had from time to time was a randomly generated security check on some card purchases asking for my DNI. If I entered my passport it would go to a second step insisting I upload my DNI. If I clicked another option to wait for ML to verify, it usually worked. Once I got my DNI I simply updated my profile myself and have had no issues ever since.

Sounds like you have more patience than me. After I messed with it I figured it was Argentina and probably broken.

Back