Moving To Bahia Blanca

Have you tried another computer to see if you have the same problem with quoting?

Trying a different web browser might do the trick.

I could not buy anything from Garbarino using Opera but had no problem with Mozilla.

Trying a different web browser might do the trick.

I could not buy anything from Garbarino using Opera but had no problem with Mozilla.

Wow, steveinbsas-san. I just did that. Opened Google and at the top bar- typed BAexpats.org and came to your comment and hit
Quote, it works ! And typing with out a delay ! Why is that ? Any computer experts in here ? Need to know as to why is this happening?

I wonder what happened to the "two guys" who wanted information about Bahia Blanca.

Surely a couple comments that it isn't even a good place to die wouldn't be enough to scare them off... :rolleyes:

I wonder what happened to the "two guys" who wanted information about Bahia Blanca.

Surely a couple comments that it isn't even a good place to die would be enough to scare them off... :rolleyes:

Now that you mention them . Where is our men the omnipotent these days? I don't see him leaching in your comments ?

Surely a couple comments that it isn't even a good place to die wouldn't be enough to scare them off... :rolleyes:

They are probably rethinking about their "strategic" move to the exotic Bahia Blanca!

They are probably rethinking about their "strategic" move to the exotic Bahia Blanca!

Well, that's too bad. I didn't get the chance to tell them it's the perfect place to shop, provided they live at least 20 KM from the city (and even then, only in one direction).

Well these responses are quite disheartening. I am possible relocating there because that is where my boyfriend may be getting a job. None of these posts were remotely helpful.

Well these responses are quite disheartening. I am possible relocating there because that is where my boyfriend may be getting a job. None of these posts were remotely helpful.

You probably would have found more "helpful" posts if you had provided the reason you wanted the information in your first post, as most of those who previously considered making the move have done.

I'm guessing that your boyfriend is the other newcomer asking about Bahia Blanca in this thread. The same applies to him (or whoever it is).

If you click on the sprocket next to the magnifying glass you can use the advanced search (searching titles only) to find 12 threads (in addition to this one) on the topic of Bahia Blanca and read 161 replies to those threads.

I do not live in Bahia Blanca and would never choose to live there. It's a "good" place for me to shop once a month for the basics, but I would never buy clothes or shoes there and the selection in the biggest grocery stores (including Wal-Mart and Carrefour) is pathetic compared to any supermarket in the USA.

Any "Dollar Store" in the US would have noticeably higher quality household items at significantly lower prices as well. The paper towels alone serve as a very good example of the low quality you can expect to encounter in Argentina.

That being said, the people are very friendly, but don't expect any of them to want to become friends with you if you are only going to be there for a year or two.

Expats in Buenos Aires complain about the low quality of food offered in ethnic restaurants there.

You will not have this problem in Bahia Blanca.

PS: At least there is a coffee roaster there that sells very good Brazilian (whole bean or freshly ground) coffee.

Back