Mundo Lingo This Friday!

I consider myself a multinational company. Hahaha. US and Italian passport and Argentine DNI through family. I learned to be direct from living in New York. I learned to lighten up in Caliornia, and to loosen up here in Argentina.

I'm curious: When a girl gives you her phone #, don't you type it on your phone and hit "call" right away so that she has yours?

I thought it was a common practice. Or would you use *gasp* paper and pen?!

A smart woman won't give out her phone number but insist on the man giving his number to her so she can have the power of decision to call him or not. Make him sit by the phone. Hahaha. I'm not that cruel, though.

hahahaha you're hilarious!

Although I didn't get something: What do you mean by "Make him sit by the phone."???

Although I didn't get something: What do you mean by "Make him sit by the phone."???

wait and hope that one day this strong and clever American woman will call me and make my day!

You've never heard women complain how they giver their phone number to a man only to sit by the phone for days hoping he'll call. Many Argentines ask for a woman's phone number just to score points and prove he could actually get it. He'll most likely never actually call. Again, I don't want go generalize that this is the case with everyone.

The one thing I still don't fully understand in these social interactions is why anyone would have to "sit by the phone" waiting for a call: Sit where?

Back