National quarantine tomorrow very likely

My cleaning lady doesn't seem to have a current account for transfering money. She gave me her DNI and told me I could use pagofacil or rapipago to send her money. Perhaps I could do this at my local Carrefour which should be open. Does anyone know if this can be done online as well?

I believe you can download an APP to do it.

Iz

Also will the bank machines be working and how will you control the lines there as its automatic and I would imagine a perfect breeding ground for germs .

Based on what I´ve observed in living here for 14 years, the people in line will control the lines. Seniors over 70 (perhaps 65), women with infants under 2 years, and disabled persons will probably be allowed to go the front. Based on what I´ve seen in the past two days, if a one meter spacing rule is in effect, it will be respected, even if the lines are a block long and wrap around the corner (which is likely at times).

People with any sense (of self prevservation) should be wearing masks (and I write this without knowing if wearing masks in public is mandatory now).

I regret I saw all the good stuff at Netflix this summer. Now I only have left the low end.

This is a long shot, because I know all of this is happening very fast and the details aren't yet in focus. But has anyone on the forum read anything about what the impact would be in trying to drive the airport on Saturday, if we can show that we are ticketed to leave the country as US citizens (who have been here for 22 days - longer than the mandatory quarantine)?

This is a long shot, because I know all of this is happening very fast and the details aren't yet in focus. But has anyone on the forum read anything about what the impact would be in trying to drive the airport on Saturday, if we can show that we are ticketed to leave the country as US citizens (who have been here for 22 days - longer than the mandatory quarantine)?
if you have a ticket and your flight is not cancelled u should be ok, provided you do not have any covid-19 symptoms, else you should be in quarantine.

to add to what NIkad said above, ensure you have not returned from a infected country, in last 14 days.

And also, if you can leave earlier, leave earlier..don't wait..flights can be stopped any moment. Lot of flights leaving for Brazil, Chile, Panama at the moment.

We're healthy and asymptomatic. We've been self-quarantining for most of our time here. The Saturday flight was the first I could get that had the right connections to get us back to the States. Dice roll - here we go.

More information is starting to come out about classes of people / jobs that have an exemption from the lockdown:

"Personas que presten servicios en Salud, Seguridad, Defensa, Migraciones, Bomberos, autoridades superiores del estado, Justicia (mínimo), diplomáticos.

Además podrán desplazarse las personas que asistan a otras personas, comedores escolares, comunitarios y merenderos. Servicios de comunicación audiovisual; industrias, alimentación, limpieza, medicamentos, producción agropecuaria, lavanderia, petróleo, obra pública.

También quienes operen servicios de transporte público urbano, recolección de residuos, servicios públicos básicos, transporte de carga, estaciones de servicios, servicios postales y cajero automáticos.

En las próximas horas habrá mas precisiones sobre estos puntos."

We're healthy and asymptomatic. We've been self-quarantining for most of our time here. The Saturday flight was the first I could get that had the right connections to get us back to the States. Dice roll - here we go.
Good luck , have a safe trip back home!

Back