New Dollar Restrictions

Might even be worth doing in Ecuador, where they use $US I believe. And I'll be there shortly too, might fund a visit back to BA to see friends.

As far as i know its indeed peso chilena only at atms but i am guessing that if you go with your foreign credit card to a local bank you won't find problems withdrawing dollars. Sending money to chile is also easy but you need a trustable person there, which I luckily have but don't intend to use

If you can only withdraw pesos you would have to pay a small fee but it will be way less then the blue rate.

Already went to the USA on holiday and brought dollars back and intent to go to chile with my gf for a visa run and intent bring dollars back. My bank card with 500 euro a day limit and credit card with way more limit should be able to get me around 3 to 4k or it will pay for both my as my gf's trip

Any foreigner with money abroad and who lives in Argentina can fly to almost everywhere in the world for free if he intents to bring dollars back. If you go to the us and willing to buy stuff for profit like iPhone, iMac, iPod, iPad, laptop you can make a couple of 1000's more

Thinking there are few expats with funds otherwise you would already have travelled.

El chabon said:
Any foreigner with money abroad and who lives in Argentina can fly to almost everywhere in the world for free if he intents to bring dollars back. If you go to the us and willing to buy stuff for profit like iPhone, iMac, iPod, iPad, laptop you can make a couple of 1000's
Thousands of what, pesos? I will take a pass.

dennisr said:
Thousands of what, pesos? I will take a pass.

Kinda hard to understand it seems for you But if you bring you back dollars you can Change them according to your peso Needs

It really is Quite easy to understand and it doesnt work if you earn more peso's in Argentina as you spend

bomber said:
You can easily buy $US from money exchange places, and rate is good. I'm guessing $10,000 worth you'd need a little more paperwork than the max $1,000 I've ever got, but could be done. Sure, you're going to lose a little in the exchange rate, but at some of the black market exchange rates I've heard in BA, you would easily make a profit.

And I'm not talking about buying with Argie pesos, but with hard currency that's actually worth something. ;o)

Not sure I understand your idea. You go to the Exchange Place in Chile and at the counter you ask for les say US$1000 and you pay with What Currency:confused:
Chilean pesos, Argie Pesos. If you have Dollars need NOT Travel:D

Here is how it works at TODAY's echange rates if you go to Chile with Argie pesos as most Argies do and leave no record and can buy as much as they want.
See rates below!!!

You sell your Argie pesos into chilean pesos and buy US Dollars or 482/80 equals 6,025 Argie pesos to the Dollar . Same value as the Blue market here. NO Profit...!!
http://cl.cotizacion-dolar.com/dolar_hoy_chile.php

Compra Venta
Dolar

481 482
Peso Argentino
80 92​

Que pesado :)

1: fly to Chile
2: go to atm and withdraw as much pesos as you need
3: change peso chilenos to dollars
4: fly to BA

I am pretty sure step 2 can be

2: go to a local bank withdraw straight in dolares

In chile you pay less taxes if you pay your hotel bill in dolares so I
Am sure it can't be hard to use local bank as a Casa de
Cambio

El chabon said:
Que pesado :)

1: fly to Chile
2: go to atm and withdraw as much pesos as you need
3: change peso chilenos to dollars
4: fly to BA

I am pretty sure step 2 can be

2: go to a local bank withdraw straight in dolares

In chile you pay less taxes if you pay your hotel bill in dolares so I
Am sure it can't be hard to use local bank as a Casa de
Cambio

Must Check on step 2: it used to be you could go to the branch of Your Bank in Santiago and get a Cash advance, not in other Banks.

I don't know just know that I can withdraw enough pesos in a weekend for my dollar needs and that the trip will basically be free

El chabon said:
I don't know just know that I can withdraw enough pesos in a weekend for my dollar needs and that the trip will basically be free

Good luck . Weekends exchange places are closed...!!

Back