New SUBE rule?

My wife and I got our SUBE cards on calle Florida out of all places and we got done in 5 minutes.

Truth be told though, we had just decided to escape from Correo Argentino where there were two and a half billion people waiting to get the SUBE card.

nicoenarg said:
...there were two and a half billion people waiting to get the SUBE card.

Two and a half billion must be a bit of an exaggeration :)

Correo Argentino has sent already 100,000 SUBE cards. My guess is that it can take a month to send them all out.

Probably going to ruin it by posting, but the OCA on Jose Hernandez and Cabildo had maybe twenty people waiting when I got there and they got to me in less than 20 minutes. Just a few blocks down at the Correo were something around two and a half billion people in a line that went around the block.

At OCA, both employees processed cards and managed to tell jokes to the crowd at the same time. At the Correo, one window out of 8 is processing cards, and no one is in a jokey mood. Cabildo in the midday sun has to be one of the worst places to wait in line, not that any place is good. But for some reason people would rather stand there than walk the four or five blocks to Jose Hernandez or jump on any of the million buses on Cabildo or take the subte, even after I told some people at the end of the line not to bother and where to go.

If you go, you'll need your kids with you, at least at the OCA, to show you're getting cards for them.

Hey guys

Is it true that you need a dni before you can buy the new sube cards? only arrived 2 weeks ago so trying to find out

cheers

I got mine in 5 minutes at Buenos Aires design. I put down my passport, but they didn't even ask to see it.

erian said:
Hey guys

Is it true that you need a dni before you can buy the new sube cards? only arrived 2 weeks ago so trying to find out

cheers

I got mine against my passport.

nicoenarg said:

And then they will start to apply rules who is eligible to get discounted ticket price ...

nicoenarg said:

Do you mean an Argentine passport or one from your home country?

I haven't seriously looked into this because I figured I wouldn't be eligible. But if all it takes is any passport I think I will sign up. I'd have nothing to lose. Right?

Thanks, Bob

Back