New SUBE rule?

Aconcagua said:
I was just denied a SUBE card at the Alto Palermo site because I was using a foreign passport. Any thoughts?

I used my foreign passport and got my SUBE card. You should go back, flick them and then go to another SUBE card issuing point. :D

mcaffa said:
I tried ordering a SUBE card online twice and both requests have been rejected. The rejection emails just say:

Lamentamos informarle que su solicitud vía web de la tarjeta SUBE fue rechazada por inconsistencias en los datos personales del solicitante.

I entered everything correctly. Could it be because I have a DNI for foreigners???

Mcaffa, I got the same reject with my foreigner's DNI, but at Galerias Pacifica the young lady handed me over one in about 30 seconds.

I've found the web site which lists all of the locations where one can obtain a SUBE. Can anyone recommend a location and/or time of day when it might be best for someone whose Spanish is really poor to take a shot at obtaining one?

Thanks, Bob

Finally picked up my SUBE at Galerias Pacifica. Thank you to all who provided advice. Another question: is there a way to check existing credit on the card? I see my balance every time I purchase my fare on the bus but I wanted a way to check it without boarding a colectivo.

Apparently you can only buy from these locations now:

http://www.sube.gob.ar/consegui-tu-tarjeta/

Today I tried a few stores in Palermo that were listed in the Sube Google Map (at the beginning of the thread) but all told me that the places above are the only places to purchase the card.

I kept putting it off and putting it off and finally went yesterday to the Recoleta Design Center (mall? whatever it's called. Where the Hard Rock Cafe is located.) and was able to get one with my US passport and a five-minute wait.

Today I tried a few stores in Palermo that were listed in the Sube Google Map (at the beginning of the thread) but all told me that the places above are the only places to purchase the card.

i got mine a couple of months ago in palermo on godoy cruz betw santa fe and beruti at an OCA a couple of doors down from mc donald's. there was no wait. but that was then...

In a few days you won't be able to use the SUBE for more than one person.

SUBE is personal. Everyone (your kids) must have a personal card.

I requested 3 SUBE cards online for my family, yesterday we got the first one mailed and that was my husband's, he has a foreigner DNI so no problem with that. Waiting to get the rest though. I have heard that those data inconsistencies mainly have to do with your address not being recognized by their system by mistake.

Back