Now Police Can Ask You For The Dni You Don't Have

I've lived under oppressive regimes in the past and I'm of the demographic that is supposedly going to be targeted. I can do you all a favor and update this post when I get asked for my DNI. Although it might be difficult because apparently I'm going to get straight up tortured right after that, but don't worry, I'll try my best!

Until then though, this thread is just a bunch of non oppressed, white people worrying about little non white people like me who apparently need to be pitied and protected since we are so incapable of watching out for ourselves.

---

On a serious note: I'm with Citygirl on this. I'd give the police the benefit of the doubt. I want them to have the tools to be able to actually fight crime. Is this going to get misused? Probably. But just because something may get misused doesn't mean it should never be allowed. On the other hand if this does not help lower crime rate here and is only being used to torture people then I'm definitely going to retract my support for it. Until that happens though, hope this tool is used correctly and legally by the police.

Until then though, this thread is just a bunch of non oppressed, white people worrying about little non white people like me who apparently need to be pitied and protected since we are so incapable of watching out for ourselves.

Hmmm.....Not really.

It was the doktor who mentioned torture and yes, that has happened in isolated cases in certain police forces here, but really, come on!
Seems like we're all falling into the troll trap.

I completely understand the issue. I just don't see it as that much of a fundamental change as you do. But like I said, I have been asked to show IDs multiple times at checkpoints HERE in Argentina. Actually this is the only place that's ever happened to me. And not because I was committing a crime or acting suspiciously. Because the police or gendameria decided that day to wave me over and asked to see my ID, insurance, etc. On a public road, minding my business and had to stop and show them all the info. PITA? Yeah, a little bit. I bitched about it but at the end of the day, it really was NBD.

I understand your concerns. I just don't share them at this point.

I'm totally in favour for the police to Card unsavory characters in my neighbourhood for no obvious reason. As citygirl said is no different that stopping cars at random in Ave. santa Fe at night ..?? just to check documents.
So those that are against this regulation should raise signatures and file a Petition to overrule this disposition....! Next

If the police sees some suspected mecheras should check their ID-

Just for curiosity if you don't drive what is the valid ID in the USA, where it's mandatory to carry ID ?? Library card counts??

:rolleyes:

Rich One, it is not mandatory to carry ID in the US. Most people do carry ID because most people have drivers licenses, but there's no law (at least not in the state of Massachusetts) which requires you to carry ID.

However, ID's have become a controversial issue in the US under the republican regime, especially as they pertain to voting. If you google this subject, you'll find a lot of information, but here's a link that will give you an idea of what the issues are:
https://www.brennancenter.org/blog/voters-turned-away-because-texas-photo-id-law

In many countries in the world you have to have some document with you and shoe it to police, if demanded. I lived in oppressive regime, and no one found that bad later. How can police even do their job, if they have less rights than local seller?

There should be other limitations for police, and if they don't work, this dni thing doesn't really matter. If demand to show dni directly leads to torture, I guess we have a bit bigger problem...

This is an advertizing of 1976:

Estamos de su lado.
La violencia existe todavía en el país y el objetivo suyo y nuestro es lograr que desaparezca de una vez.
Si Ud. es gente de paz participe comprendiendo.
PROTEGER ES QUERER.

The work of the police has nothing to do with asking ID. The problem is how they decide to do it. How they decide to arrest you for the fingerprints. Once you lost your freedom and there are not witnesses, police abuse is easier here, in the US, any where.

Is police going to arrest only people whom voted Scioli? Are they going to check the fingerprints or the FB account (This is how they are deciding whom to fire at the State right now, not ñoquis).

No, thanks, I prefer a judge to decide that.

I'm totally in favour for the police to Card unsavory characters in my neighbourhood for no obvious reason. As citygirl said is no different that stopping cars at random in Ave. santa Fe at night ..?? just to check documents.
So those that are against this regulation should raise signatures and file a Petition to overrule this disposition....! Next

If the police sees some suspected mecheras should check their ID-

If they see mecheras, they can check if they have stolen items and they always had this power according to the law.

This is what happends when police ask you for DNI and you have a passport that showns that you are not a tourist:

They were lucky because I solved by telephone (habeas corpus can be done by any method).

This other one also was arrested when they asked for DNI:

But he spent over a month in jail because he was arrested in January.

Is police going to arrest only people whom voted Scioli? Are they going to check the fingerprints or the FB account (This is how they are deciding whom to fire at the State right now, not ñoquis).

I know of lots of extreme kirchnerites who haven't stopped posting bullshit propaganda on facebook who are still working away in government, they're actually complaining just now because a bunch of their colleagues have been let go (they weren't permanent staff just contracts) and said colleagues weren't "activists" like them. If anything they're just clearing out all temporary staff and will most likely re-hire when required.

If they were actively going after kirchneristas there's a good number of people on my facebook that would be the first to go. They're re-posting all the K propaganda along with a hefty dose of Pro Maduro shite etc. etc. publically

If they were actively going after kirchneristas there's a good number of people on my facebook that would be the first to go. They're re-posting all the K propaganda along with a hefty dose of Pro Maduro shite etc. etc. publically

Ok, thanks for clarifying that you agree with political prosecution.

FYI in a free country your religion, sex preferences and politicial believes are your busisness. We have "something" called art. 19 of the National Constitution that says so.

The issue with Macri is that he is reactionary to the Saenz Peña law that granded vote rights to all the citizens (men in those days).
During the Law 140, when a party won, all the public jobs were for the winner. Macri is trying to do that even this is abolished.

Back