Obama And Raúl Castro Thank Pope For

Status
Not open for further replies.
Castro's daughter Mariela indicated today to Christiane Amampour CNN that in Cuba there is absolute Freedom of the Press.. "We say whatever we want..." :mad:
Republicans Rep-Diaz Ballart and Senator Rubio repudiated Obama's measures--- "Throwing a lifesaver and recognizing the Castro 60 year Tirany....."

http://dailysignal.com/2014/12/18/marco-rubio-blasts-obamas-cuba-plan-deeming-concession-tyranny/

Or Jimmy Fallon. There are benefits to not being dumbed down. ;)

Well just Proves the lack of Freedom of the Press in Cuba, in the USA we all saw Raul Catro's Speech in full ....!

I am not American so I cant speak for sincerity or otherwise of the ”american left” , assuming you mean the democrats and assuming you mean less right wing than their opposition? The most complimentary i would be in that case is that they are marginally more benign but seemingly frightened of those ambitions.

More balls on a heifer basically when it comes to fulfulling their mandate in terms of foreign policy.

Hmm...and the nuke missiles the USA placed in Turkey on the Soviet border in 1961 had nothing to do with the Cuban crisis? Did the USA expect the Soviets to just turn a blind eye and play dead? This stuff works both ways I think: ...." if you are in our back yard and point missiles at us, then you will suffer grievous consequences."
It is like our shit does not stink.

My comment was meant to be sarcastic. In my country, we always think violence is the solution whenever there is an injustice or problem. This is the way we handle everything--through force. Since I only believe in pacific resistance, I don't agree with this method. The idea was, you point nukes at us, and now we will retaliate by sheer force and power by embargoing you. The results didn't achieve anything except making people who were already going to be dirt poor and in need, poorer. At the slightest perceived injustice, real or otherwise, our knee-jerk reactions as Americans, in public, private, political, and sometimes even religious arenas, is to act with violence, power, and force. Is that really always such a good idea? I certainly don't like Castro for these very reasons, but can't say trying to strong arm everyone into our will is a good solution either.

I must admit the Freedom of the Press in Cuba is aweful.
Some judges issue orders that the citizens don't have the right to know about (they know what's good for them). Medias are forbidden to talk about corruption cases (and they did not! That's Totalitarism).
And some gullible Cubans defend this, that's incredible.

Source: https://wikileaks.org/aus-suppression-order/WikiLeaks-Australian-suppression-order.pdf

Of course, this controversial subject can't be debated publicly, since that's forbidden! Wonderful!

Great so if the CIA has committed excesses in the Americas we should look the other way on the Castro's multitude of Crimes...?
Don't believe it Look at Alan Gross's condition emaciated, heavy weight loss, bad health, and no front Teeth, he attempted suicide in Cuban Jails. Read About the Alan Gross "activities" as a tourist in Cuba,,,!

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Alan_Gross

More Y VOS mentality[sub] :cool:[/sub]

It's not an Y VOS mentality.

First, Cuba has not attacked any country since Castro took power (I think?).
There have been a few torture cases, but they don't force feed people detained without trial by the ass (sorry for my language, what's terrible is the act itself).

The idea of "Evil Communists" sounds so 1960's. The good guys & bad guys were OK in the 1950 Cowboy movies but the world has become very complex.

You talk about freedom of the press, but now the US are actively supporting Al Qaeda (?!). And the US citizens don't seem to react (thanks to the press again).

Castrist regime is not my cup of tea, but if they were to be lined up against the wall as you say, then the whole Bush family should be tortured, cut into pieces, burned and the remainings given to pigs in this case. (Same applis for Rumsfeld & all the crooks around Bush Jr). Too bad GWB was not catched early on in another country to be trialed btw (he had to cancel some trips at the last minute for that... fugitive?).

My comment applies to France too (although if Bush had been president of France, he would have been sent to jail for sure) & many other countries supposed to show the way.

It's not an Y VOS mentality.

First, Cuba has not attacked any country since Castro took power (I think?).
There have been a few torture cases, but they don't force feed people detained without trial by the ass (sorry for my language, what's terrible is the act itself).

The idea of "Evil Communists" sounds so 1960's. The good guys & bad guys were OK in the 1950 Cowboy movies but the world has become very complex.

You talk about freedom of the press, but now the US are actively supporting Al Qaeda (?!). And the US citizens don't seem to react (thanks to the press again).

Castrist regime is not my cup of tea, but if they were to be lined up against the wall as you say, then the whole Bush family should be tortured, cut into pieces, burned and the remainings given to pigs in this case. (Same applis for Rumsfeld & all the crooks around Bush Jr). Too bad GWB was not catched early on in another country to be trialed btw (he had to cancel some trips at the last minute for that... fugitive?).

My comment applies to France too (although if Bush had been president of France, he would have been sent to jail for sure) & many other countries supposed to show the way.

well you are beyond redemption.... :D a case of Chronically biased views
  • Cuba did not invade other countries but funded revolutions and guerrillas all over LATAM
  • A few torture cases in Cuba...? :D yeahh
  • So let it be both should be sent to the Paredon ! as well as many other Dictators.
  • The USA is your only world reference?
  • Does that exonerate the Castro Tyrants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back