Pancake breakfast?

BaltRochGirl said:
where did you find the bacon? have yet to see real honest to goodness bacon in any stores!

Jumbo in Palermo... you have to go to the deli counter and ask for it - they have thin slices pre cut. it is call Bacon Austral or something like that

BaltRochGirl said:
where did you find the bacon? have yet to see real honest to goodness bacon in any stores!
There is a German "fiambre" shop on the corner of Republica Arabe de Siria & Juan Maria Gutierrez, one block from Las Heras between Las Heras & Libertador.

My roommate buys sliced bacon from them every week. It's probably expensive, but I have no idea. It smells JUST like bacon when he cooks it.

Just stumbled across this thread, but FYI I am an American living in BA for about 7 years now, and I was tired of not having a good American breakfast place to chill in.

So I am opening a restuarant. American breakfast and lunch, American service with fountain drinks/free refills, English service unless you request it in Spanish, etc.

We'll be opening in Palermo in April; more info as we progress. :)

BsAsMarc said:
Just stumbled across this thread, but FYI I am an American living in BA for about 7 years now, and I was tired of not having a good American breakfast place to chill in.

So I am opening a restuarant. American breakfast and lunch, American service with fountain drinks/free refills, English service unless you request it in Spanish, etc.

We'll be opening in Palermo in April; more info as we progress. :)

Fountain sodas and free refills = :D

BsAsMarc said:
Yes, what a novel concept, eh?

"Eh"? Are you sure you're not Canadian?

CanadianEh.jpg

the free refills will never work..... Argies will just sit and fill up all your tables and chat for 6 hours drinking all your free refills...hahaha
I know a lot of bar owners and it is a real problem... tables dont turn here
people will sit for 3 hours and drink a coffee or 4 people will come in drink a litro of cerveza and sit for 5 hours..... ..... but I look forward to your breakfast friendly place.... so far I have only seen Sugar trying to bring the breakfast back!!

"Eh"? Are you sure you're not Canadian?

Wait, is it going to be a Tim Horton's?

I don't think he will have to worry so much about any argentinians queueing up for fountain sodas in Palermo at American breakfast time. No one moves here until noon.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tangobob Food and Drink 11
Tilda Food and Drink 15
Joe Food and Drink 15
M Food and Drink 0
GS_Dirtboy Expat Life 19
Back