Paying bills?

That is your opinion and /or a twisted way of looking at it.

Rent is due. Period. No Bajo-cero2 BS.

All enquries by tennants are how they go about paying, not how to skip and delay until October.
If you CAN'T pay (mandatory option #1) THEN you can rest at easy that you won't be evicted BUT you will have to pay (like it or not, for the time being) starting October (option #2). Interest YES, penalties NO.

What you are suggesting is to take advantage of the situation. Shame on you.

Iz
Odds are economy will be even worse in October and they will postpone evictions for another xxx/forever. If you do not like a landlord, why worry ahead. If you do like your landlord, renegotiate the lease. Previous commitments no longer apply as facts on the ground have changed.

Hopefully this will spur the entire country to stop paying bills like people from 75 yeasrs ago. Time to get online argentina

why would you not pay if you have the money to pay?
Because I cannot go to the real estate agent office that is 10 kms from here. Also, my wife is 7 month pregnant. Why would I risk her breaking the quarantine? Simple. Do you need I explain it with apples?

A

I don't want a bank account here. A dollars to pesos account costs $20.00 US a month. Then I have to deal with ATMs here , no thanks. The exchange rate I get from Western Union is much higher than the Blue rate. I will stay all cash as long as humanly possible.
Is WU open? Does your life cost a 30% of the exchange rate?

PS: I imagine many Argentines have undeclared and or extra cash on hand, but they may not want to use it at this time to pay for their rent if they can delay rent payments until they can start working again. Right now cash for food is probably their number one priority.
Steve, the problem are not tenants, it is landlords who do not declares this income.
It was obvious the quarantine was going to occur, and with it the close of banks, who was going to leave money there?

My bank increased ATM withdrawals limit to 30,000 pesos the very next day the quarantine had started. May be other local banks did the same.
I went to buy cochicina, a medicine for gout attack, 2 weeks ago. Nobody was at streets at 8 AM. But there was a group of five looking for a prey: they call it robo piraña. They were at the other side of Cordoba, they start to cross the Ave. And I pretend I have a gun and they left screaming “what are you, police?”
Last night I was boludeanding in internet when I started listening very loud noises in the Kitchen, just on my left. Then I listened police, asking if we were Ok. The door of my appartment was opened!. There were 5 policemen with guns in hand because the alarm of another floor sounded.one of them showed me the signs of force in my door. So, seems they opened just when police arrived to the building. I asked them, anyway, to search inside my home because, otherwise I have to do it with alone with my 9 mm. Lucky us nobody else was at home.
So, it is a very bad idea to go to an atm to pick up 30.000 pesos. First is the risk of Covid-19, second, criminals are aware of it.

Last edited:
And I pretend I have a gun and they left screaming “what are you, police?”
So, it is a very bad idea to go to an atm to pick up 30.000 pesos.
Oh, come on! You can just pretend you have a gun and everybody will run away screaming :)

¡Pagá un servicio por primera vez con descuento! #QUEDATEENCASA
    Entrá a la app de Mercado Pago e ingresa en la opción "Ingresá tu código de descuento"
    Ingresá el código : PAGAENCASAMP y obtené hasta $150 OFF en tu primer pago
    Desde Pagar Servicios ingresá el número de tu factura, seleccioná el medio de pago y ¡listo!
*Válido del 20/03 al 15/04 o hasta agotar 30.000 cupones, para primer pago histórico de un servicio. 15% OFF con tope $150 por usuario.

I am lucky enough to have a Banco Nacion account, and, even though it is a hassle to exchange dollars for pesos, then to deposit them, that hassle is well worth having all my utility bills paid automatically each month, and being able to transfer the amount of my expensas online from home. Banco Nacion has machines inside some branches that are NOT ATMs- they dont give cash, so there is never a line for them, that allow a deposit without a card- you just punch in your info, and feed in the cash. This is very simple, and no waiting, and while its more complicated than US or Euro banking procedures, its sure a lot easier than waiting in line at the rapipago window.

¡Pagá un servicio por primera vez con descuento! #QUEDATEENCASA
    Entrá a la app de Mercado Pago e ingresa en la opción "Ingresá tu código de descuento"
    Ingresá el código : PAGAENCASAMP y obtené hasta $150 OFF en tu primer pago
    Desde Pagar Servicios ingresá el número de tu factura, seleccioná el medio de pago y ¡listo!
*Válido del 20/03 al 15/04 o hasta agotar 30.000 cupones, para primer pago histórico de un servicio. 15% OFF con tope $150 por usuario.
And how do you use this if you only have cash?

Back