Paying bills?

You are stuck while everything is closed. Cash is no longer an option.

Mercado Pago gives three options: Cash deposit at Pago Facil, Rapipago; bank transfer, or Red Link through Home Banking or ATM.

I've had a Mercado Pago account to pay for items ordered on Mercado Libre, long before I opened an account at Banco Ciudad. I paid cash with the printed bill with barcode at Rapipago.

So whether you have a local bank account or not, you end up going to a place with cash for bill payment: either Pago Facil or an ATM at a bank.

The branch of Banco Ciudad where I opened an account has three machines in the lobby where seniors pay their bills in cash. The machine prints a ticket and they put it inside an envelope with the cash payment. I haven't used the process but the machines are there for this purpose.

Last edited:
I would like to hear back from the op. Just to make sure he is in good health, after breaking it to his landlord.

This morning I found a RapiPago (non-WU affiliate) that re-opened today from 10:00-2:00pm for cash payments of utility bills. Waiting time in line was 30 min. It's located at the Mercado del Progreso in Caballito. I spoke to the owner of the franchise who said he hopes to return to business as usual next Monday if the BCRA adds this service to the "essential" list.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&u=https://www.lanacion.com.ar/economia/cuarentena-por-que-no-estan-abiertos-locales-nid2351734
7 April 2020
PagoFacil and Rapipago. Why places to pay bills are closed?
.....These channels were under the regulation of the Central Bank, which did not enable direct attention to the public by these companies, as was the case initially with the branches of the banks. However, the entity that Miguel Pesce conducts established an exception: they can only make payments in the premises of excepted items (supermarkets, service stations, pharmacies, among others), but provided that the worker in charge of making the collection is, in addition, the cashier of that store....

For those with a Dni Brubank,offers the ability to pay all bills on-line ( of course you must register with them for your account).

Brubank also accepts cash deposits at PagoFacil locations. So, when you receive a Western Union transfer, you can deposit it to your bank account at WU/Pagofacil office without cashing it out. You don't need to search for WU branches that have cash.

For countries where bank-to-bank WU transfer is not available this is particularly useful.

Brubank also accepts cash deposits at PagoFacil locations. So, when you receive a Western Union transfer, you can deposit it to your bank account at WU/Pagofacil office without cashing it out. You don't need to search for WU branches that have cash.

For countries where bank-to-bank WU transfer is not available this is particularly useful.
Where is this done? At the time of pickup at W.U? Can one just ask to have the Brubank acct. Credited ,instead of pickup up cash?

Where is this done? At the time of pickup at W.U? Can one just ask to have the Brubank acct. Credited ,instead of pickup up cash?

You create a deposit order (ticket de deposito) from the Brubank app (Depositar -> Pago Facil) for the amount of the transfer. The app gives you a token (8 digits?) that is valid for 24 hours. At the time of pickup you say that you want them to deposit this amount to your account at Brubank and give them the token number. You don't need to show them your card, only your DNI and the token.

Back