Paying bills?

MetroGAS is so interested in getting its customers to sign up to receive their bills by email that they are offering an incentive. In the email I received today, they are offering ONE YEAR OF FREE GAS and will choose one winner each week from now until December 6, 2020. To read the conditions, go to www.promometrogas.com which doesn't provide information as yet.
Register for email bill at https://registro.micuenta.metrogas.com.ar/indexUserReg.html

And Edesur is reaching out to seniors with special assistance to do their online transactions from home. You complete a form online. A rep will contact you for help on social tariff, payment, and using the Virtual Office. Their YouTube channel gives step by step instructions on how to pay your bill from the Virtual Office.

You can download and pay invoices, debit and adhere to digital bill, and making claims or inquiries 24 hours. If you download the app Edesur on your cell all these procedures you can perform all from your phone.

FWIW I received a bill from AYSA via email and also via snail mail. Make of that what you will.

FWIW I received a bill from AYSA via email and also via snail mail. Make of that what you will.
Me too. The e-mail included a message asking if I was interested in signing up for online statements only. I think they are hoping more customers switch over. I ignored it.

There may come a time when mail will no longer be delivered to us in paper form. Consider how many emails are sent and received daily by all of us. Most of what arrives at our building is from a bank, Edesur, Metrogas, AySA, debt collectors and for previous tenants who never leave a forwarding address to avoid debt collectors. The utilities are starting the process of conversion, because at some point every customer will have a computer and/or cellphone to receive bill notices in digital format. It's for a good cause -- the environment.

There may come a time when mail will no longer be delivered to us in paper form. Consider how many emails are sent and received daily by all of us. Most of what arrives at our building is from a bank, Edesur, Metrogas, AySA, debt collectors and for previous tenants who never leave a forwarding address to avoid debt collectors. The utilities are starting the process of conversion, because at some point every customer will have a computer and/or cellphone to receive bill notices in digital format. It's for a good cause -- the environment.
I don't deny that the environment is a good cause. In California the utility companies and some banks charge a fee if the customer wants a paper statement. I want a paper trail of my monthly usage/rates charged, etc. to which I attach the RapiPago/Pago Facil receipt. Why should I have to pay to print for my recordkeeping each statement at a copy center?

Last edited:
Is there anyone reading this post under the age of 45 who saves their utility bills in a file with attached receipts for payment? I make a note of usage and the amount in my agenda. I'll bet that El Tigre who is a minimalist doesn't hoard bills, because stuff accumulates and then you decide to toss it. Then it's not recycled. It's a good policy that California charges to send bills in the mail. We may see the day when our utility companies do the same. It's an unnecessary waste of paper in the digital age, and they know it.

All bills sent by email can be downloaded and archived on a computer along with online payment receipts. No printing required.

Back