Peanut butter prices probably going to rise.....

French jurist said:
Support Argentina, buy Soy butter

starlucia said:
Mmmmm, genetically modified soy....

Amargo said:
Engineered by American biologists working for an American company...it has to be good!

laughing.gif
I love the tic for tac, is like watching a ping pong game

scotttswan said:
You should buy some of the local brands they have here like dame mani. Its much cheaper than 31 pesos and is pretty good.

Woooot! But it is dame mani that i bought, the creamy one, and it was 31 pesos. Damn industria Argentina!
Where did you get it for less? And how much was it? I think they should change the name to dame money instead of dame mani.........

That reminds me of Bruce Willis hoping to pay less when he was getting divorced from Demi Moore.:p

AlfajorEfi, the Damemani is only about 16 or 17 pesos. But some of the chain supermarkets like Disco and Carrefour took the imported stuff off the shelf and replaced it with Damemani at the same price. It is a scam (or a very stupid mistake).

AlfajorEfi said:
I recently bought american type peanut butter in jumbo for 31 pesos ans it seems like the smooth kind thats not solid hard like the arab brand they have here.
Have not yet tasted it though. Worse case I use it to cook some chicken with coconut milk, yum!

We bought a jar in Jumbo - Sytari (made here in Argentina.)

It's not bad, seems pretty natural, though it has a rather light consistency (liquidy.) It's not like the kind we buy in the States, but it will do. :)

The last time I consumed peanut butter was at least six months ago. I just went to the fridge. My last jar of Peter Pan was still there...with about 20% left.

I opened it, expecting to see mold. There wasn't any.

I smelled it, expecting to either salivate or gag.

Neither of these happened.

Nonetheless, I threw the jar in the trash bag.

I then went to the cupboard and took out an alfajor with chocolate and DULCE DE LECHE.

I tore it open, smelled it, smiled, and promptly devoured it.

Perhaps my assimilation (to Argentine life) is complete.:p

And if I ever go back to the US I'm going to take a good supply of DDL with me.:D

hmmm i have to find where to get this dame mani for cheaper here in Pilar...damn Jumbo these thieves..
Nutella here is also so expensive, I bought in the UK 2 big jars for 3 pounds total, which is about 20 pesos so 10 pesos per jar which here is sold for 30 pesos each!

Also Nespresso coffee is cheaper by at least 50% everywhere in the world (except for Brazil and Australia) Luckily we stock up from Europe every month or two.

I had a plan to bring back an Ipad from the U.S. and sell it on Mercado Libre, but after reading this I think I might bring back a few jars of organic peanut butter from Whole Foods or something as well since all you peanut butter addicts would probably pay 50 pesos a pop for it. Place your orders now.

[quote name='Don'tMindMe']I had a plan to bring back an Ipad from the U.S. and sell it on Mercado Libre, but after reading this I think I might bring back a few jars of organic peanut butter from Whole Foods or something as well since all you peanut butter addicts would probably pay 50 pesos a pop for it. Place your orders now.[/QUOTE]

As an experienced seller and buyer on mercado libre, I suggest you bring an ipad and offer it on this site first. It will be easier, safer, and just as profitable as on ML...and, as an entrepreneur who has paid big bucks in excess baggage fees, I daresay that the sale of an ipod will be a lot more profitable per ounce than peanut butter.

Back