Peanut butter prices probably going to rise.....

lol good plan
the best thing to get is a wii/ps3 its easy to sell, high profit and you are allowed to bring it in and not pay taxes if you get caught...

while you are at it bring some mexican salsa, marshmallows and some good cereals

There's a peanut butter from Cordoba that's starting to pop up here, IT'S GOOD. I spotted it at Caminos y Sabores at La Rural a couple weeks back. It's not organic and it has veg oil, but with a juicy crunchy apple it makes no difference to me!

The fiambreria that has always it is on Corrientes entre Serrano y Thames, called Francesa. It's 17 pesos.

AlfajorEfi said:
while you are at it bring some mexican salsa, marshmallows and some good cereals

A couple years ago I was buying LA Costena salsa at Carrefour for about 12 pesos for a 16 oz jar...also found La Costena nachos (sliced jalapenos) for about 9 pesos for a 380g can, and paid the same price for a 227g jar with the La Fiesta label at Jumbo and Disco.

Does anyone know if these products still available in CF?

If so, what are the current prices?

I think it's interesting that the small tienda where I buy my eggs, potatoes, and (fantastic) bread has a good selection of pasta (including locally made and fresh), but only offers one cereal: traditional oatmeal.

At least the brand is Quaker.:)

AlfajorEfi said:
hmmm i have to find where to get this dame mani for cheaper here in Pilar...damn Jumbo these thieves..

No surprise there, Jumbo is in the hands of Cencosud a Chilean retail company, they also own Easy Hardware Stores and Supermarkets Disco, enjoy the beauty of the pickpocketing trade. :D

I hate easy, I called it Dificil. I prefer Sodimac by far!

And to Steve- yes I have seen these brands they have then at Coto and sometimes Jumbo. Last time I found it it was at Carilo Coto 2 weeks ago so I bought a bunch but they are expensive can't remember about 20 pesos each, also found guacamole for 30 pesos..
not much luck with nachos i am going to check about making home made ones, corn tortillas

This means prices have doubled in less than two years.

So much for 30% inflation...

Now I'm glad I didn't buy gold as an investment.

Jalapenos have increased in value even more.

Perhaps you can make teeth with gold, but you can't make dinner with it.:D

Lucas said:
No surprise there, Jumbo is in the hands of Cencosud a Chilean retail company, they also own Easy Hardware Stores and Supermarkets Disco, enjoy the beauty of the pickpocketing trade. :D
Yes and so your point is.....? Everything in Argentina is foreign owned because Argentines will not invest in Argentina. Carrefour group, Fallabella and the list goes on and on.
Even worse, every time Argentina pulls up the Industria Argentina card to support local businesses they respond by filling the gap and gouging the price at import level while providing lesser quality. Then when imports open back up the locals start crying about how local "junk producing" businesses had to close shop because the consumer didn't want junk at import prices. Hasn't changed in 50 years.:rolleyes: And it most likely won't change for another 50 unless Industria is replaced by Invented here. Developed here, Researched here. Where's that list?

steveinbsas said:
This means prices have doubled in less than two years.

So much for 30% inflation...

Now I'm glad I didn't buy gold as an investment.

Jalapenos have increased in value even more.

Perhaps you can make teeth with gold, but you can't make dinner with it.:D

2 years ago bife de lomo was 37/kg in jumbo now its around 67/kg. Maybe more, I buy at a carneceria 90% of the time. Funny tho, the butcher is the only person in entire Jumbo here who knows English!

I also ask myself how come in top restaurants in Palermo and Puerto Madero they don't have a waiter or manager who speak English fluently. They are dumb here with anything that makes the very least of logic and sense.
That's why our contractors are all Europeans, you just cannot work with locals here!

ghost said:
Yes and so your point is.....? Everything in Argentina is foreign owned because Argentines will not invest in Argentina. Carrefour group, Fallabella and the list goes on and on.
Even worse, every time Argentina pulls up the Industria Argentina card to support local businesses they respond by filling the gap and gouging the price at import level while providing lesser quality. Then when imports open back up the locals start crying about how local "junk producing" businesses had to close shop because the consumer didn't want junk at import prices. Hasn't changed in 50 years.:rolleyes: And it most likely won't change for another 50 unless Industria is replaced by Invented here. Developed here, Researched here. Where's that list?

Once Upon A Time There Was and Industria Argentina were nothing was imported and everything was developed, manufactured and commercialized here, but then we have the bad luck to have a military dictatorship supported by 'external forces' and an 'internal traitor force' which still current nowadays that destroyed all that. That was around 50 to 60 years ago in which the 'Industria Argentina' was wiped off the map as so many other things. Come back in another 40 years and if nothing is altered in this country by continuing on this route all that nightmare will be just a bad dream for the future generations.

AlfajorEfi said:
Woooot! But it is dame mani that i bought, the creamy one, and it was 31 pesos. Damn industria Argentina!
Where did you get it for less? And how much was it? I think they should change the name to dame money instead of dame mani.........
I get Dame Mani for 19 pesos, but the one that is really like the American one is the Crunchy, their creamy version is not as good.

Back