Prepaga Health Insurance

Italiano is great for adults seniors..... $2000 per month
Aleman over $5000 per month.....!!!

I have an a7 plan (the second best) at the Alemán for 2 adults close to 40 and 2 babies and i pay about 3300 pesos.

There is a law that protects those over 65 years from excessive fees for health plans as long as they have been on the plan FOR TEN YEARS before reaching age 65. Those who are close to 55 want to make a decision on a provider and stick with them. Providers cannot charge more than three times the basic plan rate to seniors.

I've had OSDE since 2002. They adjust the monthly payment twice a year. Still my monthly fee remains under $200US, less than it would cost me in the USA for Medicare or any other plan. It will be 1,719ARS as of February 2014.

I feel the same as La Coqueta about better doctors with OSDE than in the USA.

I'm surprised about the differences in costs between Hospital Italiano (7780 pesos A YEAR, with 7% discount 'cause I pay once a year) and Swiss Medical/OSDE...I wonder if the differences in quality of medics and resources are that big too?

Trinidad is only on OSDE plans 310 and up just to let you know. Also be aware that while certain hospitals may be included in your plan when you sign up, the insurance company can take them off that plan without advising -- for instance Trinidad was on 210 in 2010, in 2011 they took it off the plan along with a lot of the other hospitals. Same with doctors, when my husband had his knee operated his orthopedic surgeon was included, a couple of years later the guy was only taking 310 and above. So if they can't keep their margin by increasing fees, they just take doctors and hospitals off the plans. We have 210 via my husband's work and as part of his raise they wanted to switch us to 310, we're trying to negotiate instead that they keep us on 210 but add my mother-in-law to the plan -- she could no longer afford her OSDE but rather than telling us before she dropped the plan she went ahead and did so anyway, now she's had a problem with her eye for almost a year and is stuck with PAMI who aren't doing a damn thing to help her.

Pami is ovewhealmed in BA. But in the countryside they have too many resorces for not enough patients.

My grand ma has a serious operation and needed about one year to recover (she is 84) Do, we sent her to San Luis where my mother lives. The service is outstanding and for free.

Regarding the issue you mentioned, she should do an amparo de salud at federal courts to forcé PAMI to do something about her eye.

Thank you for the advice Bajo Cero -- unfortunately when it comes to my mother-in-law she will do what she will do no matter what you tell her! Just like the OSDE which we told her to advise us before giving it up so we could negotiate to get her on our plan or that her children would split the payment with her, she just went ahead and did what she wanted. So we are dealing not just with the eye situation but also with a very stubborn lady! And I do wonder if part of the problem is that she doesn't seem to be able to explain her situation very well, which I know doctors will also hear what they want to hear if you aren't able to verbalize properly. It all started out so badly because this happened when she went to Spain last year to visit her other son. First time outside of Argentina and she has a health problem but even though she obviously speaks the language there she wasn't pro-active, waited over 2 weeks to see a doctor. Then for some reason my brother that lives there 4+ years doesn't understand there is public healthcare in Spain. So instead he took her to a very expensive clinic, and they charged her 100 euros a visit, which she of course cannot affod, so even though they wanted to do all sorts of exams she wouldn't do them because of the cost. And here I was practically screaming at her over and over that she doesn't have to pay the 100 euros she can go to a public hospital.... anyway so it was about 6 weeks that she did nothing, then came back to Argentina and had a few more months with nothing, now is on the PAMI circuit and who knows, still no diagnosis after almost 1 year, and she refuses to let us pay to send her to a private clinic once and for all just to get some proper testing quickly. So we shall see!! She will continue doing it her way no matter what we try!

Trinidad is only on OSDE plans 310 and up just to let you know. Also be aware that while certain hospitals may be included in your plan when you sign up, the insurance company can take them off that plan without advising -- for instance Trinidad was on 210 in 2010, in 2011 they took it off the plan along with a lot of the other hospitals. Same with doctors, when my husband had his knee operated his orthopedic surgeon was included, a couple of years later the guy was only taking 310 and above. So if they can't keep their margin by increasing fees, they just take doctors and hospitals off the plans. We have 210 via my husband's work and as part of his raise they wanted to switch us to 310, we're trying to negotiate instead that they keep us on 210 but add my mother-in-law to the plan -- she could no longer afford her OSDE but rather than telling us before she dropped the plan she went ahead and did so anyway, now she's had a problem with her eye for almost a year and is stuck with PAMI who aren't doing a damn thing to help her.
PAMI is a warehouse for the elderly. She is much better off going to Hospital Santa Lucia that specializes in eye conditions. It was a mistake dropping OSDE. Get her Hospital Italiano, cheaper and excellent doctors. PAMI kills.

Pami is ovewhealmed in BA. But in the countryside they have too many resorces for not enough patients.

My grand ma has a serious operation and needed about one year to recover (she is 84) Do, we sent her to San Luis where my mother lives. The service is outstanding and for free.

Regarding the issue you mentioned, she should do an amparo de salud at federal courts to forcé PAMI to do something about her eye.
Your grandma most likely got good attention because San Luis is a small province that works. It has nothing to do with PAMI. PAMI kills the elderly. Avoid PAMI at all costs. I know enough horror stories. The only good thing to do is keep PAMI for discounts on your prescriptions, glasses, etc. Medical attention is sinister!

Back