September Flights

Interesting to see if there was something published in the boletin oficial? I read that those are "sort of regular" -- airlines would still need to request certain frequency per month but then they can fly at any time or day as they wish.

Interesting to see if there was something published in the boletin oficial? I read that those are "sort of regular" -- airlines would still need to request certain frequency per month but then they can fly at any time or day as they wish.
Airlines always need to get a certain amount of frequencies and other things approved and it is largely up to them to fly them subject to slot availability, more so here in Argentina in absence of open sky agreements. Usually they need to fly X% of those approved frequencies or slots to keep their rights so it would be understandable if there were some special provisions in the meantime.

Either way it changes very little. Flights continue to be for Argentines (and residents) only, few countries accept Argentines, dollars/ euros/ reales cost a fortune, a quarantine is required on return = demanda bajissímo. One thing I am hearing is that traffic on the European flights especially is drying up, many flights going out with less than 100 pax. Many airlines have announced they won't be back until the end of the year, and many routes won't resume until mid-2021 (e.g. flights by GOL, LATAM or Azul to some interior destinations) and I don't see the government penalising them for that... however those airlines still need to retain their staff on payroll during the period of inactivity.

The Minister of Tourism has made several comments as of this week alluding to that they have every intention of having a Summer tourism season in Argentina, and will want to open the borders to Brazilian tourists in Decemeber. Who's to say if Brazilians are allowed in that other countries won't also be included? Of course everything at this point is sheer speculation and anything you'll read on this board is exactly that.

*Includes this post ;)

So borders will open for tourists from neighboring countries flying into Ezeiza and staying ONLY in Buenos Aires (CABA) for up to 10 days and with a negative PCR, as of Nov 2. Interesting to see if this would effectively mean that residents in CABA would also be exempt from the 14 day quarantine if they have a PCT test. Depending on how the new rules are worded other nationals may be able to travel to BA if they stop in Brazil for a day or two (there is no restriction for foreigners traveling to Brazil) and then take a flight to BA. Unless of course they include only citizens or residents of those countries. TBD.

LATAM is selling commercial flights into EZE from Lima. Is this legit?

So borders will open for tourists from neighboring countries flying into Ezeiza and staying ONLY in Buenos Aires (CABA) for up to 10 days and with a negative PCR, as of Nov 2. Interesting to see if this would effectively mean that residents in CABA would also be exempt from the 14 day quarantine if they have a PCT test. Depending on how the new rules are worded other nationals may be able to travel to BA if they stop in Brazil for a day or two (there is no restriction for foreigners traveling to Brazil) and then take a flight to BA. Unless of course they include only citizens or residents of those countries. TBD.

This is only to bring dollars to Argentina, not to allow Argentines to spend their dollars in other countries. The locals must stay and be subject to his majesty's whims.

This is only to bring dollars to Argentina, not to allow Argentines to spend their dollars in other countries. The locals must stay and be subject to his majesty's whims.
It's logical what the government is trying to do.

I think that results will underwhelm internal expectations. Not as many people are going to travel into the vortex of the storm. It's easier and smarter to sit this one out. And as such, the government needs to address the structural problems that really would make a difference. And BTW, they probably won't.

If a country in Argentina's situation truly wanted to heal and move forward, they would become business friendly, international investment friendly. There is a low cost workforce, unfortunately so are the labor unions and business unfriendly labor laws. This would be the number one thing that needs to change as far as I am concerned.

It's logical what the government is trying to do.

I think that results will underwhelm internal expectations. Not as many people are going to travel into the vortex of the storm. It's easier and smarter to sit this one out. And as such, the government needs to address the structural problems that really would make a difference. And BTW, they probably won't.

If a country in Argentina's situation truly wanted to heal and move forward, they would become business friendly, international investment friendly. There is a low cost workforce, unfortunately so are the labor unions and business unfriendly labor laws. This would be the number one thing that needs to change as far as I am concerned.

It's a thinly vailed effort to bring the blue down. The idea is that the Brazilians/Chileans traveling to BA will bring dollars and bring the blue down in the City porteno. It's a small market and tourists can have a big effect. The problem is that I don't see much traction before December. People don't just decide to travel 1-2 weeks in advance, esp. when they need to do a PCR test, etc. Maybe in December we'd see the Brasileiros strolling the streets of Palermo again.

As of Friday, Oct 30. No more quarantine if you fly thru Buenos Aires (Ezeiza) or Buquebus terminal and you have a negative PCR test. Residents/citizens of neighboring countries [cannot just fly to Brazil and do a stopover] can also enter thru these terminals and stay only in AMBA (not interior) for a limited number of days (TBD how may, probably ~10) with a negative PCR and a heath insurance.

Back