Should I Bring My Ferrari With Me To Ba?

Thanks for the comments - its been a while since I have been down there so was just wondering - the Ferrari is a key part of my life and I would be lost without it but I do realise there may be some safety risks but then again it would give me some social status which is good in Argentina for business - but the way how much money does one need to live on per month - I already own an apartment there so that not a cost for me

The Ferrari of course will be expensive but I am willing to pay for that as it has some obvious benefits

Am also interested in learning to play polo but haven't ridden for a long time - are lessons expensive?

Thanks again for all your comments and sharing your experience and suggestions -

If you want social status forget the freaking Ferrari, buy an A5+ here. The more pretentious you act the better you will fit in with that crowd. If you are for real, be prepared to pay twice the sticker price for any car you want to get. It might be offset by the blue rate. $3000 - $4000 dollars will allow you to live EXTREMELY well. Think 5K if you want to buy a lot of unnecessary stuff and overdo it. On top of that consider, twice the price, for any ridiculous watches or jewelry.

You won't be the only one with a ferrari, but there still aren't a lot. You generally see them around puerto madero, recoleta and nordelta, i certainly wouldn't go driving around Jose C Paz. You'll make a bit more of a target of yourself than if you drove some econobox but if you stay out of the bad parts of town you'll probably be fine. I think if you're a returning citizen or a first time immigrant you get a 1 off customs exemption that includes a car and should cover most ferraris. As for the streets, they're constantly getting better in capital, but your problem is not going to be the potholes but rather the large and steep culverts and speed bumps.

We seem to be into cruising season, today I went down to recoleta on my rollerblades to meet a friend and on the way was passed by a gt2, a stunning sky blue bell air, a lotus 7 replica, a very early model mercedes roadster, and yes what looked like 599. Also saw a trapito helping a guy park the first SLS amg i've seen in buenos aires.

Are the speed bumps on the main streets nowadays?

I could put elevated suspension on the Ferrari but it would lose some it's sleek low profile look which I really like and wouldn't really like to do that if possible

Are the speed bumps on the main streets nowadays?

I could put elevated suspension on the Ferrari but it would lose some it's sleek low profile look which I really like and wouldn't really like to do that if possible

not on the main streets but if you want to go to anywhere not on a main street you'll probably encounter them.

Unless you are living in Puerto Madero and plan to never take the car out of there then you've got to be a special kind of stupid or have too much money to be talking to us plebs on here.

Hi - sorry if I offended you and why should I not drive the car of my choice in BA - I don't plan to live in Puerto Madero but was thinking of moving to an apt in Libertador where I can access the main streets without having to go on the side streets where the majority of pot holes will be - also I know Libertador is a pretty prestigious address to have and will be good for business too

Libertador is a very nice address. But it's irrelevant since you already said you already own a place, so there really isn't any decision making regarding that part. Right?

Hi - if I bring the car down then I could move to Libertador but would sell my current apartment first - there would be a big advantage of living in that street

Hi - sorry if I offended you and why should I not drive the car of my choice in BA - I don't plan to live in Puerto Madero but was thinking of moving to an apt in Libertador where I can access the main streets without having to go on the side streets where the majority of pot holes will be - also I know Libertador is a pretty prestigious address to have and will be good for business too

if you live off liberator, you certainly won't be the only ferrari owner.

I also see what Internationalguy is implying and I think he's probably right.... (something about broken clocks comes to mind)

It will cost you a lot of money and hassle to get that car down here. Come, go to an Audi dealership and get yourself a nice car. Keep your current apartment and consider 4k a month for living expenses if you want to live VERY well. Disregard hateful comments if any and take it easy, In fact you haven't said where you're coming from and how long your staying. Not even the purpose of your move.

Back