Should I Bring My Ferrari With Me To Ba?

Hi - the Audi is a nice car but you know it's not quite in the Ferrari league - I intend to move down and set up a business focusing on developing soccer players for USA soccer teams

I disagee

http://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-r8

Also, the taxes and insurance for transportation are going to be ridiculous. It would only start to make sense if it's a permanent move and you don't know how long you'll be able to put up with the negative stuff if you don't like it here.

Here is a photo of the typical potholes here but many are much bigger.

http://www.clarin.com/ciudades/Pozos-calles-prometen-taparan-mes_0_796720372.html

Avenida del Libertador doesn't have any potholes in it, but other than Puerto Madero there isn't area of the city where you can live with total security. Bring spare care parts with you. You won't be able to find any imported Italian replacements parts here. Only locally manufactured.

Hey that Audi is nice! What is the price for one of those in BA these days - could be an option but would depend

Thanks for the pot hole pics - yes that my big worry - going over one of them and causing damage to my Ferrari - it would be a real blow to bring it down and then have to deal with those pot holes every time I went out and could cost me a fortune in repairs which I can't really afford

Unfortunately.. bringing a vehicle that's over 15,000 USD is considered as an import even if you resided in another country for several years and are coming back as an Argentinean citizen without intention of selling it for profits. Even if you were born in this country you can't bring your car after living outside for several years.

Before releasing the car into the country, AFIP will valuate your car and you will need to pay around.. 80% for it if the value exceeds 15 grands. In other words, if you paid for example your car at around $ 500,000 dollars, you will need to pay $ 400,000 dollars in taxes to be able to drive it here. I'm not going to mention other papers that you will need to fill and pay, because the amount won't compare to this, but.. if you really own a ferrari, leave it in the US or sell it there unless you have the cash to buy it again.

It's unbelievable that you can't bring your own used car because you basically have to pay it again in taxes, but that's how it works. Better to find this now than later. Please ask around to a professional that works in that line of business, but I'm pretty sure that this is what you need to pay for cars (not even 50% because that's for other categories). Here is a link with information: http://cnnintl.com/C...t=520&width=750 (Duties / Taxes: Approximately 80% of car CIF value for normal cars, 100% for diesel cars and 65% for motorcycles. CIF price means Vehicle Price + Shipping freight + Insurance Cost).

Just bring the Ferrari and enjoy yourself.
I've seen a few around this part of the suburbs and loads of other nice cars.
I mentioned the blue book as it was quoted to me when I was thinking of bringing my Jaguar XJS down here.
Hell, the most fun is seeing people gawk at your lovely car and burning them up at the lights without even trying.

Inferno, what if he/she was to drive it into the country as a tourist and kept doing the equivalent of a Colonia run?

Inferno, what if he/she was to drive it into the country as a tourist and kept doing the equivalent of a Colonia run?

Who would want to do that? Plus the kind of insurance you need on that car is not easy to find unless the car has Argentina plates.

Really I am more worried about them pesky potholes than taxes - according to a contact of mine the taxes can be reduced if the car is part of my business and I generate some employment which I plan to do -

Back