Should I Bring My Ferrari With Me To Ba?

My BS detector maxed out in the original post, but this was a hella entertaining thread. Also even somewhat relevant as I've been wondering about bringing my modest little Audi (based on the VW Golf platform, it's no R8) to BA. Thanks to the real tax info from Inferno and syngirl's servicing comments, I realize even that's not a good idea. When I do get there (still in preliminary planning stages) if I decide to live somewhere that's not well served by public transit, I'll look for a local marque that will allow me to blend in and hopefully not get roasted for parts and service.

Now, what to do with the helicopter and yacht?

All - it is pretty standard for soccer agents to have a Ferrari type car and live in penthouse apartments - that's the nature and essential part of the game. Image counts big in this industry and the returns can be huge paying off a Ferrari easily in short period of time

I don't see it as such a big deal as you guys seem to think it is -

Why don't you save yourself a ton of money on taxes and duties and just import a penis extension?
I don't know, these days with the full body scans they'll surely see it, but either way this guy will surely declare it. And in today's climate, they just might tax that too!

All - it is pretty standard for soccer agents to have a Ferrari type car and live in penthouse apartments ...

Dude, give it up. There are barely 20 professional soccer players in North America who are in a Ferrari-buying tax bracket (earning over $400k). That's the players themselves, not their agents. Or perhaps you're confused with the NFL, MLB or NHL ... none of which to my knowledge are currently importing talent from South America.

Alas the scouts/agents you cite are those who represent elite players in Europe, where pro soccer players earn much, much more on average. Sure, some of them may drive Ferraris--as a reflection of their success. But you don't acquire the trappings first and then see if you can actually do the job. Even in industries where image is important, carts still follow horses.

Funny, thing. Claims were made that he ALREADY had the Ferrari and owned the apartment. The story has more holes than the BCRA.

I brought my Ferrari and have had a great experience with it. These nice guys called trapitos always offer to watch over it when I park it for only 200 pesos. Strangely though, sometimes when I come back the trapitos are missing.

Back