Should I Bring My Ferrari With Me To Ba?

benedetto-bufalino-transforms-an-old-car-into-a-cardboard-ferrari-designboom-22.jpg

Hello - Hey I really have a Ferrari and I would like to take it down to BA - I appreciate the feedback from everybody and the article on the potholes in the city - if there are too many potholes then U simply cannot drive it without risking damage - I usually like to drive pretty fast and don't have time to see all those potholes in the road -

In my future job as an agent for soccer players the status is very important - that's how it works in the world of soccer agents - I may have to sell it though but that will break my heart - somebody mentioned Puerto Madero so maybe I should look to find a penthouse in that area in order to keep that exclusive kind of image or would there be more prestige in Libertador? Does anybody know which apartment buildings in those areas come with helipads?

Really I am more worried about them pesky potholes than taxes - according to a contact of mine the taxes can be reduced if the car is part of my business and I generate some employment which I plan to do -

What a pretentious w....... you sound like . Do you know Argentina has 30% poverty level and the city is surrounded by villas and all you can talk about is your car( p....s).
Please get a life!

If you have the money to have a Ferrari in the US (or wherever you re), you have the money to buy a Ferrari in BsAs.

Bringing in a Ferrari is an open invitation for the AFIP to put you under the microscope and through in a full rectal exam (hopefully not literally, but hey, it's Argentina, they may well decide poking and proding is necessary to evaluate your financial condition).

In case you haven't been paying any attention to economics in Argentina, the way things are going the AFIP is indeed keeping a register of any owners of luxury cars and are indeed using that ownership as an excuse to check their financial records. While this has been popping up only occasionally in the news, as the economy goes further into the crapper you can expect your name to pop up on that list. And Kiciloff has already insinuated that there will be new sanctions applied against those purchasing luxury cars from here on out, not just importing previously owned ones. Apparently there will be some announcements before the end of the year, you may want to start reading the news here.

Whereabouts is your apartment anyways? Most people owning that level of luxury car are not keeping it in Capital, they're out in a closed neighbourhood in Pilar. Otherwise they're in one of a few barrios here (del Parque, Ingles etc).

It's not even just potholes, at a lot of the intersections there are huge bumps where the streets meet, a kind of speed bump if you will. And they have put in tonnes of speed bumps in certain nicer areas as well. I'd definitely come here first and drive around in a normal car for awhile before deciding whether you really want your Ferrari.

You've supposedly lived here before, but maybe you've been gone so long that you've forgotten -- Argentina isn't nearly as materialistic as the USA. People here tend to value relationships over things. Maybe that's why a lot of the people that you meet here that would value a Ferrari over the person are not people you'd trust whatsoever. Bringing in a flashy car you're really going to have to be wary of who's taking advantage of you, who might just want to slit your throat (figuratively and literally). If you're Spanish isn't great and you don't already have a nice secure circle of friends, I certainly wouldn't bring in a Ferrari as your first notice of arrival. Leave it for a bit, see how you feel living here, and you can always bring it at a future date.

Does anybody know which apartment buildings in those areas come with helipads?

I need to introduce you to 2 good female friends of mine, Karina & Wanda, both are divine... and single right now (won't last long though). A good thing is that they know the soccer world already (oh... There's Jesica too! But she's with someone since not far ago... won't last though too...).

A
Depends on the Ferrari model, also on what you expect to do with the car (driving everyday/many times a week or having it in a protected parking to go out every 2 weeks for the show-off/business image).

The main road connected to Libertador have pot holes (like right now Scalabrini Ortiz x Cordoba, right hand side of the road with Libertador in your back).

Taking it out many times a week, but avoid at night & mainly stay on Libertador (quite limited) with some driving on Panamericana Norte to clean-up the engine once in a while

It really depends on why the Ferrari is such an important part of the Musicman's life.

They are fun to drive, but not so much on city streets, including BA.

If the purpose of having a Ferarri in BA is just to get form point A to point B, I don't think its a great idea.

If it is a tool of seduction to get into point P it would probably be more useful in the USA.

I don't think Argentine women are as impressed by sports cars as American women.

Though the Musicman's sports clients might be and that could be important for his business success.

I just never imagined that a soccer player would get a big "kick" out of a guy in a Ferrari.

Thanks for the pot hole pics - yes that my big worry - going over one of them and causing damage to my Ferrari - it would be a real blow to bring it down and then have to deal with those pot holes every time I went out and could cost me a fortune in repairs which I can't really afford

Whoa. Ok now I think you're pulling our collective leg. You can't afford the repairs on a Ferrari but want to import one to Argentina where parts & labour will cost you a minimum of 4x what they do there? A friend has an Audi and when he told us how much he paid for an oil change at the official dealership we couldn't believe it, unfortunately my husband can't remember how much it was now, but it was a crazy amount. So if you can't afford repairs when you're just thinking in USD amounts, forget about it here because they will indeed cost you even dearer

What I can't afford is for the Ferrari to hit a pothole and breakdown with a client in it or for it to happen late at night and perhaps getting robbed - that would be terrible and not good for business

Sorry I'm just still thinking about this. I understand if you want to get into futbol you think the car is extremely important. But you realise that most of the young talent out there in Argentina are coming from really humble backgrounds right? The Ferrari isn't necessary to impress them. The guys with the Ferraris are really the elite elite players that have played in Europe or way at end of career -- guys like Maradona, or Bruja Veron, or younger guys like Maxi Lopez that don't even live here. The Argie futbol guys with those cars tend to be out of the country already. So if the potholes are a concern, I'd really come back to move first, get yourself sthing else to start, and then see.

Back