Subte Strike 101

People who have used A line in the rush hour would not be so keen on keeping them!

The old rickety trains should be put in a museum or maybe ran at the weekends when tourists could enjoy them like the ancient tram in caballito is ran.

Santiago has new subway cars made in Brazil that are brilliantly laid out to maximise the number of travellers and provide a lot more comfort than anything in BA.

Maybe mercosur could actually function and deals be made to the benefit of both Argentina and Brazil...

Also look at the current state of the line A trains

b8ma7.jpg

Hardly something a tourist would love to see.

El chabon said:
Whats wrong with that?

That isn't my photo and is probably quite a few years old now.

The floors are completely worn, paint is coming off everywhere, many windows don't open, the walls wobble when moving and going round corners.

Retire them, repair them and use them at the weekend for tourists.

Run proper trains for commuters who need to get places.

A line isn't that crowded neither especially after the subte ticket rise

From 10 to 4 and after you can mostly likely get a seat

El chabon said:
A line isn't that crowded neither especially after the subte ticket rise

From 10 to 4 and after you can mostly likely get a seat

Its an absolute nightmare during the rush.

Its not, especiAlly not compared to d And b

But even if it is its only solved by more investment. Not by retiring the whole fleet

scotttswan isn't wrong here. Linea A during rush hour is the most packed into a Subte car I've ever been. I would honestly say that Linea D is heaven compared to it. Or maybe it was just an unlucky day. It was so bad that I remember getting home and telling my husband about how at one point I actually couldn't take a breath because I was shoved up against so tightly. One thing I noticed is that on Line D, people won't shove themselves into the car as violently as they do on Line A. So I realize that taking Linea A once a year at rush hour and taking it every day gives you a completely different perspective. Nevertheless, I will miss them and hope they continue to serve some purpose in the future.

allcraz said:
scotttswan isn't wrong here. Linea A during rush hour is the most packed into a Subte car I've ever been. I would honestly say that Linea D is heaven compared to it. Or maybe it was just an unlucky day. It was so bad that I remember getting home and telling my husband about how at one point I actually couldn't take a breath because I was shoved up against so tightly. One thing I noticed is that on Line D, people won't shove themselves into the car as violently as they do on Line A. So I realize that taking Linea A once a year at rush hour and taking it every day gives you a completely different perspective. Nevertheless, I will miss them and hope they continue to serve some purpose in the future.

Its because they are badly designed and everyone packs into the small areas by the doors. It is impossible to move in rushhour and getting out of the car almost always requires physical pushing.

I'm not advocating the complete removal of all the old cars. They should be around for tourists to enjoy but running them at rushhour is lunacy.

The first time I rode Line A, I thought this is cool. It's sort of nostalgic and I liked the anachronistic feel to it.

After about the 30th vertebrate shattering time I rode it I started taking the bus even though it is more crowded and takes more time. Maybe being 6'5 I have my own issues that others don't, but my guess is the people singing its praises haven't actually ridden it more than a few times.

Back