Subte Strike 101

El chabon said:
What are poor people going to do if fares go up to 6 peso?

The following:

nicoenarg said:
Take the bus.

OR

nicoenarg said:
You can't have it all. So stop acting like the world should be a perfect place. This kind of thought pattern is the exact reason why nothing ever works in this godforsaken country.

Take the subte strike: The workers, the supporters of the national government are demanding 28% wage hikes. Why I wonder? Oh I know, because inflation is running upwards of that number. But they don't blame the national government, oh no, that would be blasphemous. They just threaten the people and the city government by going on strike. Why not just fix the root of the problem? Oh because that's just too f***ing easy.

And also because they love the "para todos" programs that are being shoved up their a**es by her majesty. How does she support these programs? By printing more money and shuffling around with the money already present. But hey, the reality that that drives up the inflation shouldn't matter because we can always take the damn city, the one major area with a politician that presents some sort of opposition to the godliness of Cristina, hostage! Oh yeah, that should be fun. That way, we can blame the damn ills and everything bad on Macri, enjoy our "para todos" programs and also the wage hikes that will come when Macri is under enough pressure.

We will demand all of this while claiming BS like "you don't need to raise the fares, what are poor people going to do". The so called poor people join in the protest because "big bad Macri and the rich of palermo are waging a war against them....call the damn waaaaaaaaaaambulance".

All this while, no one f***ing looks at the damn root of the problem. Idiotic advocates like yourself also keep repeating the same BS.

All in all, if you don't want to spend any money at all, El Chabon, then freakin walk. No one stops you from doing that. If you can't walk, buy a wheel chair, one time investment and you should be fine, especially downhill! Plenty of exercise for your arms, and no worrying about fares at all. You can then leave the real problems of this world to the rest of us.

You didn't answer the question, you just had an rabbling, which I quit reading after one sentence because it didnt make sense

First of all I don't think the city or the federal government are willing to spend what it would cost to replace the "A" line with modern equipment.

As for crowding, of course it is crowded and new trains would be crowded too. Tokyo has state-of-the-art equipment and it is unbelievably crowded - much more than BA. New York and London too are crowded at peak hours.

My suggestion was to run old trains (the best could be retained and restored; those in the worst repair could be sold or given to railway museums) at non-peak hours. Even if there were only one old train per half hour at off peak times it would be a brilliant way of saving these amazing trains while keeping them integrated into a real, working subway system - a concept that doesn't exist anywhere else to my knowledge.

Anyway, I see no signs that the old trains are going to disappear any time soon.

El chabon said:
You didn't answer the question, you just had an rabbling, which I quit reading after one sentence because it didnt make sense

Yeah, you have a habit of things not making sense to you. Not my problem I'm afraid.

nicoenarg said:
Yeah, you have a habit of things not making sense to you. Not my problem I'm afraid.

Nope I have not

You still didn't answer the question

chris said:
First of all I don't think the city or the federal government are willing to spend what it would cost to replace the "A" line with modern equipment.

As for crowding, of course it is crowded and new trains would be crowded too. Tokyo has state-of-the-art equipment and it is unbelievably crowded - much more than BA. New York and London too are crowded at peak hours.

My suggestion was to run old trains (the best could be retained and restored; those in the worst repair could be sold or given to railway museums) at non-peak hours. Even of there were only one old train per half hour at off peak times it would be a brilliant way of saving these amazing trains while keeping them integrated into a real, working subway system - a concept that doesn't exist anywhere else to my knowledge.

Agree on both. They don't want to spend money where it should be spent and that is another problem.

As for crowdedness. Yeah, you're right again but the difference in Tokyo (I've ridden the train there during rush hour) and BsAs is that at least the ventilation system works. Here, you can't breathe. Its simple. Another difference is that "personal space" has no meaning in this great civilzied city of Buenos Aires, whereas in Tokyo its a different story.

El chabon said:
Nope I have not

You still didn't answer the question

Okay I get it. You're not smart enough to be able to read or write things longer than a broken sentence or two. Let me dumb my post above down for you:

What should they do?

Take the bus. (Take a breath now so you can continue to understand).

OR

Walk.

Bus would be atleast expensive if they had you in charge and takes more time so not cost efficient

So how would does fucking poor people get to work?

El chabon said:
Bus would be atleast expensive if they had you in charge and takes more time so not cost efficient

So how would does fucking poor people get to work?

Haha. Man this one cracked me up for a good 30 seconds. Your inability to be able to read a post makes me feel really bad for the poor people for whom you seem to be advocating. If you were representing them at court, I have a feeling they would have just shot themselves because of your idiocy.

I'm done with you dude. Read the damn posts and stop wasting my time.

Chau.

Back