The deal with Argentine men and their "girl" friends

I don't think he referred to all men in their thirties as clowns rather than called these specific people clowns. Don't get all worked up.

Lamb said:
I just dont understand what youd see in a person half your age, and in the case of a 16 year old, im guessing a quarter of your life experience? What do you have in common? Just find it a bit pathetic from the side of the 35-year old. Dont really have a problem with it if both people at least got out of their adolescence.
What does a girl of e.g. 16 see in a man twice her age?

There are many individual answers to the question, but my experience is that quite a lot of girls and young women are attracted to much older men, whether you like it or not.

owl1961 said:
Those absolutes change as the culture evolves and people´s thinking matures - gets more civilized.
Which is exactly my point. Norms are changing all the time, none of them are absolute. Evolution/change is the opposite of absolute.

owl1961 said:
If there is currently a society that allows slavery, one ought to seek to eliminate it from within and without.
Try Saudi Arabia - law against slavery in 1961, but de facto slavery still exists there (and probably in other countries as well).

Aerodynamite said:
I don't think he referred to all men in their thirties as clowns rather than called these specific people clowns. Don't get all worked up.
I don't get all worked up (staying as cool as a cucumber), but when a person uses derogatory language in lieu of arguments I feel a need to challenge it.

John.St said:
Why are men in their thirties clowns?

Do you hate men in general or only those in their thirties?

If you follow my part of the thread, i referred to Berlusconi as a clown. No matter how hard he might try to look in his thirty's (after plenty of plastic surgeries) he is still an old man. I am not sure why you state that "I hate man." First of all you don't know me and it is quite arrogant of anybody to come to those conclusions wihtout further knowledge. However, if you conclude that a woman who refuses to date an old man as "hating men" you are welcome to do so. I am one of those lucky ones who have never had to date one:D and not a gene of attraction to old men:D

Postmodernchild said:
II am not sure why you state that "I hate man." First of all you don't know me and it is quite arrogant of anybody to come to those conclusions wihtout further knowledge. However, if you conclude that a woman who refuses to date an old man as "hating men" you are welcome to do so. I am one of those lucky ones who have never had to date one:D and not a gene of attraction to old men:D
It was neither a statement nor a conclusion but a question (note the '?'), which was a result of part of the quote in your post.
Postmodernchild said:
polostar88 said:
Power is an aphrodisiac to women, and they'll go for older man if they have certain qualities, sure.

- followed by your comment
Postmodernchild said:
what are we talking about here? what kind of women like these old clowns? FYI there are women who can take care of themselves and yet enjoy the company of an equal without having to take care of an old man.

I seem to have misinterpretated your comment.

Saint Agustin (354-430) said:
"in morals, man is, as Jesus Christ in the desert, in solitude sublime himself, under the only law and the only judges of their own consciousness"

John.St said:
What does a girl of e.g. 16 see in a man twice her age?

There are many individual answers to the question, but my experience is that quite a lot of girls and young women are attracted to much older men, whether you like it or not.

I find it more logical to look up to someone older, because they often know more, are more sure of themselves, etc. than a 35-year old being interested in what basically is still a kid. All girls i know, including myself, would rather date a guy that is at least a little bit older as guys are own age tend to be immature. But i mean a bit, not dating 35 when youre 16.

Back