The worst pizza in the world?

pericles said:
Yes its true that 95percent of all the best ingredients of Argentina are exported and this is a great shame as there is incredible variety of fruits here that should be on everyone's table.

I have to say that when I arrived, the lack of fruit and the lack of variety period was the biggest shock. & yes, it was a huge disappointment. I'm quite happy with the quality of the veggies at places like Tallo Verde, but the variety is... well, there isn't any! I'm tired of eating carrots & cabbage & apio & acelga & calabaza.... a whole year of it. I got an email from them saying they had asparagus. Of course, I went right over to order some, & guess what? Out of stock.... the DAY I got the email!

All I'm getting is that many of you should go back to wherever it is you came from - especially the Americans, most of whom grew up on fast food and Hershey bars. There is good and bad everywhere, but I'll take BsAs food any time, thanks.

wineguy999 said:
All I'm getting is that many of you should go back to wherever it is you came from - especially the Americans, most of whom grew up on fast food and Hershey bars. There is good and bad everywhere, but I'll take BsAs food any time, thanks.

Good for you.

I highly doubt the people who grew up on fast food & Hershey bars are the ones that are disappointed in the food selection.

lol - um.. thanks wineguy.

You're right - clearly b/c I find the cuisine lacking here, I should pack up, close my company and fire my 8 employees, take my dollars and go home.:rolleyes:

And funny as Mini pointed out, I believe what most of are are stating is that in a city as cosmopolitan and large as BsAs, it is unusual that there is not more options for food, more "ethnic" cooking and higher-quality fruits and vegetables.

If I wanted McDonalds, pizza and chocolate - I'm pretty sure I would be quite happy with the food here;)

wineguy999 said:

This may be the most ridiculous thing I've read on this website.

If you can find Uruguayan style pizza get it...( Jose Chivitos on Libatador inLa Lucila has it) the difference is that actually put sauce on the pizza.

Okay, I suppose I should have gone off on a full rant - thank you, ssr for the insulting inspiration.

The point I am making about the fast food/Hershey bar mentality is that many people, Americans in particular, have interesting ideas about what constitutes "good food". Hence the wild popularity of places such as Olive Garden, Pizza Hut, Domino's, Outback, all of Landry's restaurants, all of Pappas restaurants, okay, let's just go with "conglomerate food", which would probably be at least 80% of the restaurant food consumed in the US. It is ASTOUNDING to me the number of people who consider much of this garbage fine dining. I would bet, Mini, that some of those people would be disappointed here.

As one who has enjoyed great food everywhere I go, I only wonder how it is that I like La Parolaccia, Guido's (both), Almacen de Pizzas, El 22, Cluny, Romario's, Nemo, La Cabrera, etc, etc, etc. I never realized that my taste was so horrible.

BsAs doesn't have the worst of anything (although I would consider a concession to la Presidenta). It has a great variety of excellent food, but for some it's just kvetch, kvetch, kvetch... Instead of talking about how bad it is, and expecting the near impossible (spicy food in BsAs), go find more places - and enjoy!

I'd bet most of the people who eat at the restaurants you mention have never left the US. Some probably never left their state. Either way, that doesn't say much about the quality of the food here.

Anyway, your latest post: very good. Your first: not so much. ;) I appreciate the clarification.

Capital Federal has a population of 3 million.
90% are white, predominantly italian and spanish immigrants.
BA is neither that big or cosmopolitan.

wineguy999 said:
. . . . many people, Americans in particular, have interesting ideas about what constitutes "good food". Hence the wild popularity of places such as Olive Garden, Pizza Hut, Domino's, Outback, all of Landry's restaurants, all of Pappas restaurants, okay, let's just go with "conglomerate food", which would probably be at least 80% of the restaurant food consumed in the US. . . .
I see that you live in Houston, "wine". Perhaps matters are different there; but I, a middle-aged American (who has spent considerable time in Texas, though little in Houston), think I've never known anyone (with the exception of a single group) who's considered such chain restaurants other than simple conveniences. That sole exception is the poor; and surely you'd not mock a man or woman just because she's poor and cannot afford better.

Back