tipping?

zachary_matthews

Registered
ok,, cash,
i know it makes the world go around, do you use the normal rates from the EEUU? 15/20% of the total for service in restaurants- cafes?

cabs- round up the change and add 2/4 pesos?

I tip about 10-15% in restaurants

when it comes to cabs, you aren't expected to tip. most i tip them is 1-2 pesos if it's a good fast ride

I also tip 10% to 15% in restaurants in BA, but some people told me that's still too much.

I've been told that the locals tip waiters between 5 and 8%. A 10% tip is considered generous - haven't seen any Arg. tip more than that. Waiters here get a salary, and don't depend as much on tips as those in the States.

Cab and remise drivers are generally not tipped. Delivery people get one to five pesos, according to the order size.

it depends on the ATTITUDE, and FEELING I get from the waiters/waitress

If I am not happy with them, I have no hesitation not paying at all.
Service is too poor in trendy places (Million..) and Palermo Soho

10% at restaurants if I recieve a good service. If the taxi ride has been good I will sometimes round it up to the next peso but things are too expensive here if you earn an average BsAs wage.

10% at Restaurants. No tips for Taxis. The way I see it, cab drivers will rip you off eventually by taking the long way or driving you around the block once or twice. We'll just consider that to be their ignorant tip :) I've also been given fake $20 Peso bills before too, so what goes around comes around.

10% is for GOOD service in a restaurant. 15% is ridiculous. No local would ever leave that sort of tip. Tips are usually less than 10%, especially in cafes where you´re just consuming coffee and maybe something light to eat. No tipping taxi drivers.

sergio said:
10% is for GOOD service in a restaurant. 15% is ridiculous. No local would ever leave that sort of tip. Tips are usually less than 10%, especially in cafes where you´re just consuming coffee and maybe something light to eat. No tipping taxi drivers.

There are hardly locals who tip 10%. It's more like 80 peso for 77 peso or 115 for 112,50

And a coin shortage does not help the waiters

Just for fun, try not tipping at TFI Fridays Madero and see what happens.:D
I did and was still trying to shake off the girls when I got into a taxi.

Back