Too Many Pizzerias And Carbs In Bsas Stop This Now

I understand doing it for moral reasons, but becoming vegan (or even vegetarian) for health reasons is not the right way to go. You can look up studies on this, including the fact that children raised vegan have serious and possibly permanent neurological damage. You may feel better temporarily as a placebo effect. Or because you associate feeling morally good with feeling healthy, the same way marathon runners feel "good" even though running marathons or long-distance running in general is one of the worst things you can do to your body. But I guarantee you, you are not healthier because of being vegan or vegetarian.

I'd like to see these "studies" you're talking about. My guess is if you look deep enough, you'll find dubious backing for them (assuming they even exist). There are massive amounts of mis-truths and propaganda about vegan and vegetarian diets. This is one of them.

Carbs here? wait till you live in ITALIA....the only thing is that maybe less bread than here but the rest??? and they are much slimmer than here, folks got chubby in BA in the last 10 years.

Today I saw an apartment and there was a fat girl in the elevator who smelled absolutely awful, I still can't get it out of my mind.
polostar, I am sorry but this sounds really bad. If it is was a man, would you have pointed it out, or if she wasn't fat? I do not know what the weight statistics are here but I am amazed at how many men from 30-40 and up have HUGE guts, but until now I have not felt a need to come to the forum to point it out or complain that I "cannot get it out my mind."

Let's not use healthy living as an excuse for fat shaming.

I'd like to see these "studies" you're talking about. My guess is if you look deep enough, you'll find dubious backing for them (assuming they even exist). There are massive amounts of mis-truths and propaganda about vegan and vegetarian diets. This is one of them.
Agreed. A vegan diet, done correctly is fine for children. The cases of neurological development problems have come from families where vegan has meant a diet lacking in everything, basically. I know paleo is big in BsAs right now, and in other places as well, both personally I have never felt as good as since I went vegetarian a year ago. Lots of legumes, vegetables, fruits, although I also eat eggs and some cheese - and - the ocassional goodie from the bakery made with refined flours and sugars! The horror!

I do not doubt that raising children vegan might be challenging and not the right thing for all families, but it can definitely be done and at no expense of the child's health.

Here are some sources:

American Academy of Pediatrics, 2004:Children exhibit good growth and thrive on most lacto-ovo vegetarian and vegan diets when they are well planned and supplemented appropriately. (Chapter 12: Nutrition Aspects of Vegetarian Diets, p. 194)

American Dietetic Association, 2009: Well-planned vegan, lacto-vegetarian, and lacto-ovo-vegetarian diets are appropriate for all stages of the life cycle, including pregnancy and lactation. Appropriately planned vegan, lacto-vegetarian, and lacto-ovo-vegetarian diets satisfy nutrient needs of infants, children, and adolescents and promote normal growth.

Beef is still predominantly grass fed for the majority of it's life then finished by feedlot. That's the most economic method, surprised letting cows wander about eating what grows out of the ground is still cheaper than buying stuff to feed them with.

The last 6 months of feedlot are used to fatten before slaughter.

I think that the parilla is a weekend treat these days more so than an everyday expense.

Family of four - you can probably feed for around 30 a head with pizza, drinks aside (2 slices and an empanada each), in a parilla you are looking at 250 for 2 larges cuts of meat, 50 (?) for a salad or papa fritas.

It's very conservatively double the price to eat in a parilla, also ever order delivery with a parilla? It's not great, meat dries out, anything else comes cold. People have less time to spend eating out every night.

TLDR - Money & time.

being honest is a trait Argentines treasure more than politically "correcteness." Folks who are fluent in the language and proficient in what happens in Argentine ways will definitely understand this....thus so many nicknames for many things that would horrify us in the US for example. As long as someone is not rude, saying that someone is large is not an insult when is the truth as Argentines clearly state.

being honest is a trait Argentines treasure more than politically "correcteness." Folks who are fluent in the language and proficient in what happens in Argentine ways will definitely understand this....thus so many nicknames for many things that would horrify us in the US for example. As long as someone is not rude, saying that someone is large is not an insult when is the truth as Argentines clearly state.

Are you referring to their use of "gordo/a"? If so, it has absolutely nothing to do with someone's weight...

I understand doing it for moral reasons, but becoming vegan (or even vegetarian) for health reasons is not the right way to go. You can look up studies on this, including the fact that children raised vegan have serious and possibly permanent neurological damage. You may feel better temporarily as a placebo effect. Or because you associate feeling morally good with feeling healthy, the same way marathon runners feel "good" even though running marathons or long-distance running in general is one of the worst things you can do to your body. But I guarantee you, you are not healthier because of being vegan or vegetarian.

Arrogant much, eh?

I know people who've been vegans and vegetarians for decades, and they are totally healthy. My partner has been a vegetarian since he was 16 (almost 20 years), and he's far from death's doorstep. He's also Argentine! Imagine that!

So, all that lecturing and imposing you're doing? -- Yeah, save it for someone else.

Chey flacito o chey gordito.. hear it all the time. Gordi LOL gordita. Call someone, hey fatso, in the US and oh my god you have insulted them your an evil judgemental etc. Here its not an even an issue. In general the culture here is much more accepting of human conditions for sure. From fat people to skinny people to gay people the culture is just more relaxed and less judgemental and critical in many ways. Which is a good thing because genetics have allot to do with it. Sure their are fat slobs that just eat to much but there are also people who really struggle with it do to the way their body works.

Back