Too Many Pizzerias And Carbs In Bsas Stop This Now

Flaco = dude
Gordo/a (in all its forms) = Most often a term of endearment. Someone can help me with the translation in English, but it does not reference someone's weight.

As opposed to "gordo de mierda" which does refer to someone's weight. :)

Chey flacito o chey gordito.. hear it all the time. Gordi LOL gordita. Call someone, hey fatso, in the US and oh my god you have insulted them your an evil judgemental etc. Here its not an even an issue. In general the culture here is much more accepting of human conditions for sure. From fat people to skinny people to gay people the culture is just more relaxed and less judgemental and critical in many ways. Which is a good thing because genetics have allot to do with it. Sure their are fat slobs that just eat to much but there are also people who really struggle with it do to the way their body works.
I don't know if this was directed at me, because I took offense at Polostar's use of "fat and smelling awful" to describe the girl he met in the elevator, but I know that gordo/gorda are terms of endearment here and I am totally fine with that. (And I really like what you say about people being less judgemental and critical here.) I was not fine with, however, lumping fat and smelly together as a sign of everything that is wrong with the food culture in BsAs. Fat people get enough shit as it is, we don't need to do it on the forum as well. It has been proven that those of us that are not fat have all sorts of preconceived notions about fat people - that they smell, have poor hygiene, are lazy etc.

Off my soapbox now! :)

I've spent the better part of the last 20 years competing in endurance races. I've studied sports nutrition for the last 15 years. There has always been the "new" science. In the 80's it was low-fats/high-carbs. In the 90's it was high-protein/moderate carbs and fats. More recently it has been no sugars (including bread). Now we are onto the Paleo Diet (for athletes). Unfortunately, they are finding now that sports performance is decreasing on a Paleo diet because the carb ratio is generally too low.

Gimme a break. I have incisors and I have molars for a reason. And, they take up pretty much the same proportion of space in my mouth. So, I eat a balance diet of 55%-60% lean proteins and about 25% carbs and 20% fats. I also eat "low to the ground," eg Froot Loops, Big Macs, Cokes, french fries, and cinnamon buns don't grow on the farm so I generally don't eat them.

Your mileage may vary. :)

GS

The economy has impoverished a lot of middle class people who used to patronize parrillas. The culture is changing..

Amen, One can read the statistics of the BA Rest Association Restos moving to Pizzerias and fast food BECAUSE of prices and client lack of CASH..! ITs not a diet desire by Argie's to consume less red meat...hahahahah

Chey flacito o chey gordito.. hear it all the time. Gordi LOL gordita. Call someone, hey fatso, in the US and oh my god you have insulted them your an evil judgemental etc. Here its not an even an issue. In general the culture here is much more accepting of human conditions for sure. From fat people to skinny people to gay people the culture is just more relaxed and less judgemental and critical in many ways. Which is a good thing because genetics have allot to do with it. Sure their are fat slobs that just eat to much but there are also people who really struggle with it do to the way their body works.

I don't think calling someone "gordito" or "negrito" is nice at all.

Ej Cot's Haggis Pizza. I'm there.

I just hope you were able to import the required amount of whiskey it will take to down that thing.

Haggis pizza is a thing, and its delicious!

XRG4a5C.jpg

Fw77OHI.jpg

sqUs86A.jpg

YFtx4pe.png

So are haggis burritos!
EHuxWZR.jpg

Unfortunately no longer available in the place i tried it, that photo was taken by someone at Illegal Jack's which closed down due to Edinburgh Council being incredibly incompetent and the roof collapsing from a leaking shower in the flat above.

https://www.youtube....h?v=KecENIWX58o

It was so popular they put it on the menu! :lol:

Are we running out of stuff to complaint about?? Come on, to many pizzerias?? really? that, my friend ranks up there with ''to many good looking women'' you can't have to many of one or the other ;)

Haggis pizza is a thing, and its delicious!

<images removed>

So are haggis burritos!

<image removed>

Unfortunately that photo was taken by someone at Illegal Jack's which closed down due to Edinburgh Council being incredibly incompetent and the roof collapsing from a leaking shower in the flat above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KecENIWX58o

It was so popular they put it on the menu! :lol:

They both look good. Time to take a trip to Scotland! I'll have to stop by Castle Leslie and see if they have a room waiting for me.

Back