Train accident in Once (linea Sarmiento) 340 wounded

notebook.fix said:
Just like I thought...there's been too much money$$$ pumped into TBA by the Ks....now we get to the dirty juicy bits...what backroom deals went on between TBA & the K government? ...oooh that BIG RAT smells stronger now...

Well, its not like that hasn't been common knowledge for years - the original contracts and the provisional subsidies which enforce no obligations on the company on where or how the money is spent should have been torn up in 2008 after the findings of the CNRT. This has been done before for failure to provide an adequate standard of service when Metropolitano had its contracts revoked for the Roca, Belgrano Sur and San Martin lines and contracts with enforceable obligations were introduced (interestingly the temporary corporate conglomerate formed to maintain service on those lines counts TBA among its three private signatories).

Nor are the close ties between Jaime and the Ciriglianos anything new (though it looks like that investigation is now heading down a familiar path to nowhere).

Urgh, apologies, this apparently is still yet to be confirmed despite being reported as fact all over the news stations and newspaper websites - how much more must this family be put through?

robinho9 said:
la presidenta doesn`t give a damn and is off to El Calafate...

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1451329-cristina-se-va-a-pasar-el-fin-de-semana-a-el-calafate

when her husband died almost the whole nation had to mourn with her 24/7. now 50 died (700+ injured) and she never showed up in public once, no press conference, nada...
a disgrace.

To go a bit against the main stream, CK decreted a National mourn and if she had showed up in public, crying, dressed in black, with a big scar across her throat... Then someone would have argued that "she's playing the crying trick thing again, etc.". Also it's the birthday of Nestor tomorrow.

This situation is the reflect of Argentina's past 50 years also so to blame it on one side or another becomes part of the problem some pretend to denounce.

Some bodies didn't even had the time to get cold that this accident is used dramatically for political agendas.

Anyway, privatization of rail transports has often resulted into disasters (in the UK within the past 25 years too if I recall my neighbour's country history).

But indeed, the family who started with two bus lines decades ago, got TBA during Menem's ultra-liberalism era and kept prospering during the K era must have great talents...

Public transportation should be nationalized. Main purpose of it is to transport people safely, before any profit consideration (two antagonist forces)...

Last, let's not forget road accidents (200 times that of casualties per year... could be diminished by 50% within a few years, easily).

Corruption needs to be eradicated here (but it is everywhere, and for countries like Italia also, it's somehow part of a certain culture), otherwise it produces situations like in Greece, this I agree.

Where do stand our countries, France, US, UK and others regarding corruption? ;)

pauper said:
Urgh, apologies, this apparently is still yet to be confirmed despite being reported as fact all over the news stations and newspaper websites - how much more must this family be put through?

It's hard to comprehend that this has happened.
That after 2 days, a body (yet to be identified) has been found in the train.
I'm very surprised that the train was not searched from top to bottom as is usually the case in a crime scene.
His family must be at their wits end and my heart goes out to them.
Having read many messages of 'bronca' on some of the social networks, now is not the time to throw stones, but to show some dignity if at all possible.
But I'm not there and I didn't suffer.

Meanwhile, Bartolome Mitre is going to be re-opened complying with a judicial order from 2009 - well, almost. To avoid upsetting people about moving the Cromañón memorial they are going to divert the road through the parallel plaza (where there is also another Cromañon memorial) - unfathomable stupidity all round today.

Argentina, give us a big enough body count and we might get around to doing something about it.

I cant think of a better timeto throw stones - and politicians outof office for that matter !

Fabe said:
I cant think of a better timeto throw stones - and politicians outof office for that matter !

Well, metaphorical stones maybe. Given the predilection of certain leftist groups to insert themselves into railway disputes and ultimately resort to violence and sabotage as a means of gaining traction when nobody shows any interest at all in the nonsense they spew, I wouldn't want to see any confrontations while emotion is running high (and the family of the young man have pleaded for as much). Undoubtedly though aforementioned revolutionary heroes are hightailing it to Once right now.

Public transportation should be nationalized. Main purpose of it is to transport people safely, before any profit consideration (two antagonist forces)...

A thousand thumbs up. And I really hope that Cristina does this. Anything else, the government will suffer a lot in 2013.

Back