Uber Banned

Where is the corruption?

Uber does not pay taxes in Argentina . The drivers know this . They alos know that to sell their services to Uber is illegal .

If Uber were to set up as a limited company in Argentina and the drivers were to become monotributistas , it would be a different scenario.

Where is the corruption?

Uber does not pay taxes in Argentina . The drivers know this . They alos know that to sell their services to Uber is illegal .

If Uber were to set up as a limited company in Argentina and the drivers were to become monotributistas , it would be a different scenario.
To me its quite obvious - tell me how Uber manages to operate in many first world countries successfully without their drivers being put in jail? Is it a coincidence that Argentina - known for its massive corruption has been making so many problems for the service? To me it seems like countries known for corruption have the biggest issues with Uber operating there - isn't that funny? The reality is taxi drivers are mad because their monopoly is about to go and so it should - they need to accept reality and realise people want a reliable, trust worthy method of getting around. Why should we have to put up with old shitty taxis who rip us off and only accept small bills with no recourse? The laws are old and not relevant to todays world - like I said the Uber drivers here I spoke to had positive things to say about the company and were happy to be working. The city government and Uber need to meet in the middle - at the moment you have corrupt officials who are doing everything they can to stop the service because of the taxi union that is feeding them.

I havent been overcharged by a taxi in 2017.

Uber has done it three times. No excuse for charging me from Uber Argentina and Uber Netherlands twice for the same journey

Uber has done it three times. No excuse for charging me from Uber Argentina and Uber Netherlands twice for the same journey

recently took a uber to the airport ( ezeiza) from palermo. it showed 480-510 $ possible charges. Remi was 550 fixed.

Ultimately when I arrived I was charged 630 by Uber.

--

90% of taxi drivers in BA are good. But I do find 1/10 of really nasty every now and then..

90% of taxi drivers in BA are good. But I do find 1/10 of really nasty every now and then..

I travel a lot by taxi when in CABA, and agree with Ceviche. Pretty much all of those in my experience are hard workers with the complete human spectrum of personality and mood. Haven't been outright cheated for a long time (or they were very clever and I didn't notice). Some of the most entertaining and enlightening conversations happened in cabs.

I'm all in favor of free enterprise, thus positive on Uber, but BsAs is so filled with readily-available taxis that it will be a tough market however the political issues go.

Did they refund you for their mistake? Would you get a refund for a fake note by a taxi driver? Would you get a refund for getting taken on a longer route in a taxi?

Ultimately when I arrived I was charged 630 by Uber.
Did you contact them and find out the reason? I've used uber over 50+ times and always found the price estimator to be pretty spot on.. Never had it higher than the upper range

it's hard for an uber driver to cheat you though, no? the fare is agreed before you ride.

That's a good question. The point of using Uber is having more security by paying with a card but those with local bank accounts in Argentina can't pay with a card and must rely on cash.

As far as better drivers, I'm not so sure. I've had bad Uber drivers as well as taxi drivers. One Uber driver was completely drunk. Plus, they don't have passenger insurance so if something happens you're not covered. Nor are they required to have a professional driver's license, which means you must know where all the hospitals and ERs in the city are.

Back