Usama's Funeral Bash

Status
Not open for further replies.
steveinbsas said:
Not even a nice try. You failed to cite even one example.

I don't call individuals names here.

I disagree with ideas, some of which are stupid.

Well I am not so sure you don't use name calling. But even if you do, I never claimed you did. I said that you don't complain when other do it.

tanvimil said:
Well I am not so sure you don't use name calling. But even if you do, I never claimed you did. I said that you don't complain when other do it.

No, you didn't:

tanvimil said:
Really, I don't enjoy calling you a hypocrite. But I am compelled to. Because you only complain about name calling when it's someone you disagree with.

Why would I complain about someone else calling someone I disagreed with any name?

jaredwb said:
And, something you never point out so you can keep beating Bush/Cheney is that EVERY Intelligence Agency in the World believed they had WMD.

Interesting, sources ?!

I have many good things to say about the US & Americans, but in this case, it was the FIRST (damn, I start using caps too.. :p) time in modern history that a DEMOCRATIC country attacks another country just to profit from the commodities there.

In terms of geopolitics, words, decisions, declarations count and remain.
When Putin, Schröder and Chirac declared this war would be illegal because it certainly was dubious there still were WMDs in Iraq, those words had a certain "political weight" (meaning : If WMDs had been found, those three would have looked like real fools...).

Obviously, all knew (including the NeoCons) that this pretext was BS.

On my side, that's fine with me, all of our home countries have been "stained" throughout their histories.
But I can't accept reading that "is that EVERY Intelligence Agency in the World believed they had WMD.".

By law (unfortunately the US did not ratify that convention), Bush should be trialed (not talking politics, just legal) in Den Haag.

Free to you to take Bush as your champion, but such an ex-alcoholic, ex-coke addict, ex-guy who fled the Vietnam war thanks to his dad, ex-guy who screwed his companies and got saved by the Bin Laden family, this guy who didn't even know who Pervez Musharraf was before 2000, this guy who wasn't even able to organize properly evacuations in New Orleans (no doubt if the victims had been "whiter" = things would have been fixed a bit more quickly).
And let's not talk about the big corporations that were behind all that (not to mention using the 9/11 memory to pursue private goals...).

Ronald Reagan was a great conservative leader, Thatcher also in the UK... But I find it difficult to defend Bush, and certainly not by saying such nonsense.

So, if you think that "everybody" thought there were WMDs there, there's a flaw somewhere, sorry.

Sorry for the rant, it's not against the US, it's against words defending Bush (btw, if I came to Argentina in 2003, it's also because of the French bashing.... Long story).

Love to the US (not to Bush, you'll have it figured out by now).

Bush should be either in jail or facing a trial right now (in an "ideal world").

steveinbsas said:
No, you didn't:

I didn't? Let me quote myself then:

tanvimil said:
Because you only complain about name calling when it's someone you disagree with.

steveinbsas said:
Why would I complain about someone else calling someone I disagreed with any name?

Because if you complain that I call someone names and not those people, it makes you a hypocrite.

steveinbsas said:
I think the entire student body (in the entire history) of West Point enlisted. Are these examples of uneducated poor people?

West Point is a military academy. If you enroll there, you are probably interested in the military as a profession, regardless what class you come from.

You are really making this debate too easy for me Steve.

tanvimil said:
You training for the special olympics Steve?

Now you are being really offensive...not to me but to all of those who are.

Perhaps I should tell the story of one of my most memorable students.
He had CP and was confined to a wheel chair. At first he was deathly afraid of the water but eventually (in my arms) he learned to love it. He also had a genius IQ (obviously higher than mine). When other dismissed him he usually smiled and replied, "Perhaps I'm just a retard." Learning to say "perhaps" instead of "maybe" was also a challenge, but he acheived it.

I'll never forget him or all that he taught me.

steveinbsas said:
Now you are being really offensive...not to me but to all of those who are.

Perhaps I should tell the story of one of my most memorable students.
He had CP and was confined to a wheel chair. At first he was deathly afraid of the water but eventually (in my arms) he learned to love it. He also had a genius IQ (obviously higher than mine). When other dismissed him he usually smiled and replied, "Perhaps I'm just a retard." Learning to say "perhaps" instead of "maybe" was also a challenge, but he acheived it.

I'll never forget him or all that he taught me.

So that's your tactic when all else fails Steve? You can't win an argument so you resort to setting traps and see if people take the bait?

Well regardless, that's a heartwarming story there Steve. You clearly have a lot of empathy towards other people. Maybe one day you can learn to have empathy towards all the millions of people that your governments have killed in illegal wars as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Expat Life 26
A Expat Life 2
Back