Usama's Funeral Bash

Status
Not open for further replies.
tanvimil said:
Your friend says it's not clear from Martin Luther King's remark what should be done about evil. Well for a start, he should not work for them.
And he keeps saying that he is rejoiced about Bin Laden's death. Which I find a bit ironic coming from a person quoting MLK. You should tell your friend to stop mentioning MLK, because it really makes him come off as a hypocrite. But then again, people who join the army are not known to be very bright.

You obvioulsly enjoy calling others hypocrites (including me), though I 'm not sure how I earned that label (in your opinion).

Your sweeping generalization about people who "join the army" is offensive to me, even though I never served in the military. My father and uncle serve in World War Two, my cousin served in Viet Nam, and his son served in the Gulf.

Not only are they all very bright (my father and my uncle are deceased), they are also my heroes (for many reasons).

I find your thinking to be quite Orwellian, to say the least.

tanvimil said:
You should all celebrate what a bunch of retards you are. How gullible can people really be. Amazing.

Perhaps it's "acceptable" in an "Orwellian" world to call others retards, but not in this one.

I know something about this. For over 40 years I've taught physically and metally challenged indivuduals how to swim (at the least survive in the water) and I was also a "ski buddy" for the US Olympic (Disabled) Ski Team when I lived in Park City, Utah.

Your insensitivity speak volumes.

steveinbsas said:
You obvioulsly enjoy calling others hypocrites (including me), though I 'm not sure how I earned that label (in your opinion).

It's not rocket science. If you are a hypocrite, you get that label from me. And I wouldn't say I enjoy it, I just call it what it is.

steveinbsas said:
Your sweeping generalization about people who "join the army" is offensive to me, even though I never served in the military. My father and uncle serve in World War Two, my cousin served in Viet Nam, and his son served in the Gulf.

WW2 and Vietnamn they were drafted, so there is a difference. People joining the military today normally do so because they can't afford college. And they are statistically very uneducated.

steveinbsas said:
Not only are they all very bright (my father and my uncle are deceased), they are also my heroes (for many reasons).

And hopefully one day the next generations of Americans will see them in the same light as German people see their forefathers that fought for Nazi-Germany.

tanvimil said:
But then again, people who join the army are not known to be very bright.

If by not very bright you mean they choose to defend their country, put themselves in harm's way, and do the dirty, ugly work, that most people will never have to do or see, while receiving nothing but ingratitude and condescension from their fellow citizens who take for granted their freedom of speech, security and access to wealth and opportunity.....then you're right. Not very bright. I don't agree with most recent wars but I respect the military for what they do.

You're charade of moral superiority is pretty nauseating. Feel free to come down from your throne at any time. Thanks.

steveinbsas said:
Perhaps it's "acceptable" in an "Orwellian" world to call others retards, but not in this one.

Really, I don't enjoy calling you a hypocrite. But I am compelled to. Because you only complain about name calling when it's someone you disagree with.

tanvimil said:
And hopefully one day the next generations of Americans will see them in the same light as German people see their forefathers that fought for Nazi-Germany.

And just how could my father and uncle have fought for Nazi Germany when they were in the US Army in World War Two?.

More Orwellian logic?

LAtoBA said:
If by not very bright you mean they choose to defend their country, put themselves in harm's way, and do the dirty, ugly work, that most people will never have to do or see, while receiving nothing but ingratitude and condescension from their fellow citizens who take for granted their freedom of speech, security and access to wealth and opportunity.....then you're right. Not very bright. I don't agree with most recent wars but I respect the military for what they do.

Defend their country? How exactly is Iraq and Afghanistan threating your country? Your military servicemen are cannon fodder, not heroes. And if they truly did it for their country you would see other than uneducated poor people enlisted.

To defend your country would be to speak out against the Patriot Act. To demand that politicians follow the constitution, not piss all over it.

steveinbsas said:
And just how could my father and uncle have fought for Nazi Germany when they were in the US Army in World War Two?.

More Orwellian logic?

My point being that these people fought for their country, just like the Germans did for the Nazis. Some of them do it because they have to. And some do it because they truly believe they are fighting for "freedom".

tanvimil said:
Really, I don't enjoy calling you a hypocrite. But I am compelled to. Because you only complain about name calling when it's someone you disagree with.

Not even a nice try. You failed to cite even one example.

I don't call individuals names here.

I disagree with ideas, some of which are stupid.

tanvimil said:
And if they truly did it for their country you would see other than uneducated poor people enlisted.

I think the entire student body (in the entire history) of West Point enlisted. Are these examples of uneducated poor people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Expat Life 26
A Expat Life 2
Back