Violent protests in Chile: Will this spread to Argentina?

In Chile they are corrupt. So?

I do not understand this hatred of Chile on this forum . I have visited that country and most people live better than Argentina in all ways . They do not suffer from constant inflation which puts people on edge , they do not suffer from wide defluactions of their currency that destroys peoples hopes and plans for the future , they had much lower crime than any country of South America, professionals were paid the highest wages of latin america. Sure the minimum wage for the working class is low but its actually much higher than Argentina by 50% in dollar terms . The pensions are also higher than Argentina . So what is so bad in Chile please explain?

Wife and I were talking about this - the people here don't have teeth, do not worry.

In 2001 was the last time the people showed any backbone, after that they got spoiled again and got their stuff. In the near decade I have been here there has been a 600% increase in prices of food alone. I watched as the store clerk changed the prices every couple of weeks.

Have you ever watched how common folk abuse other common folk here? This is just par for the course with their passive aggressive bully BS here

I do not understand this hatred of Chile on this forum . I have visited that country and most people live better than Argentina in all ways . They do not suffer from constant inflation which puts people on edge , they do not suffer from wide defluactions of their currency that destroys peoples hopes and plans for the future , they had much lower crime than any country of South America, professionals were paid the highest wages of latin america. Sure the minimum wage for the working class is low but its actually much higher than Argentina by 50% in dollar terms . The pensions are also higher than Argentina . So what is so bad in Chile please explain?

They are still crying over their failed attempt to steal land from Chile before the Falklands War and why Chile jumped at the chance to help the British.

Wife and I were talking about this - the people here don't have teeth, do not worry.

In 2001 was the last time the people showed any backbone, after that they got spoiled again and got their stuff. In the near decade I have been here there has been a 600% increase in prices of food alone. I watched as the store clerk changed the prices every couple of weeks.

Have you ever watched how common folk abuse other common folk here? This is just par for the course with their passive aggressive bully BS here

I agree that the Argentinian people are amongst the most sheepish people on the planet these days . Their casual acceptance of blatant corruption , devaluations , and price hikes has always astounded me .

Last edited:
I agree that the Argentinian people are amongst the most sheepish people on the planet these days . Their casual acceptance of blatant corruption , devaluations , and price hikes has always astounded me .

My wife works for the government, gets ":free" tickets for one of the buses. The buses ALWAYS break down, are filthy and never on time. They hike the prices up. I got into a fight with the municipality over the cement path ("street")leading up to my house, I could have done it for a ,lot less and done right. I organized the neighbors to get them not to pay until it was done right, they caved quicker than a politician lies. I had a local lawyer backing it up and everything.

1) That’s the point. If there is no inflation, then there are no excuses for continuous rise of the cost of living.
2) Lack of freedom. Now they are showing what they really are.
3) You cannot compare Chile with what Macri left. The low class was always better in Argentina. They have unions, free education and medical services. The middle class in Chile is narrow plus there is not upward social mobility. In Chile low class has once (a tea) instead of dinner.

You must not overlook the long data rivalry/hate between Chile and Argentina soccer and all, add to this the Falklands "issue" (never to be forgotten)

Also, If you watch on TV Argies Economists and Politicians now have a field day arguing " they rubbed on us the Benefits of the Chilean Model for years and we had to tolerate it..! Well you see it was not correct it was "worthless" it was a dictatorial neoliberal model inspired by Pinochet and the Chicago Boys.
Inequality was the problem, well it turns out that Chile's Gini index is similar to Paraguay and about in the Media of South America?

You must not overlook the long data rivalry/hate between Chile and Argentina soccer and all, add to this the Falklands "issue" (never to be forgotten)

Also, If you watch on TV Argies Economists and Politicians now have a field day arguing " they rubbed on us the Benefits of the Chilean Model for years and we had to tolerate it..! Well you see it was not correct it was "worthless" it was a dictatorial neoliberal model inspired by Pinochet and the Chicago Boys.
Inequality was the problem, well it turns out that Chile's Gini index is similar to Paraguay and about in the Media of South America?

The reality of Chile uintil recently was not bad at or are some people on this forum are just happy that Chile is falling apart ?

The unemployment for one was much lower than Argentina by over 100% . Crime was very low and rule of law was respected in general . In regards to the poor not being ble to socially progress as easy as Argentina I believe that this is a world wide problem as obviously if you grow up in a working class barrio it is much harder to get out of this rut . I do not believe that Argentina is any better than Chile in any way if so why are there more villas miserias in Argentina than Chile ?

There are much worse countries in South America ie. Venezuela . Colombia , etc etc .

By percentage of the population, the middle class is larger in Chile than in Argentina (pre-Macri)

I have been to Chile 10 times and saw less poverty there than any country in South America. Yes there are more rich people in Argentina only because there are 4 times the population. Brazil has a wealthy class that would put Argentina to shame but their entrenched poverty levels are amongst the worst on the planet with a crime rate worse than war torn countries.

The Chile revolution does not seem to be home grown and there is a hidden hand promoting this to destabilize this country. Yes there is disaffaction there and injustice this needs to be addressed . Piñera the president has made some good concessions .

Last edited:
Back