Visa Run = Fake Tourist = Permatourist Deported At Ezeiza

Nestor passed new In migration Regulations that apply to Mercosur countries...!!

Well the new Mexican version of Barbie comes with passport and US visa?? US Immigration may confiscate and deny entry to all such bogus visas .... :D

http://www.infobae.com/notas/705536-Sacan-a-la-venta-una-Barbie-con-pasaporte-y-visa.html

311x0_652659.jpg

It would be in Argentina's interest to encourage the richer expat, e.g. those that can show a bank account of $100K or more. But regardless, Argentina is by far the most relaxed country for immigration. In Thailand you only get 15 days when you return (by land). They get much more in tourists bucks. It must hurt the tourist trade there - but it's their country.

It would be in Argentina's interest to encourage the richer expat, e.g. those that can show a bank account of $100K or more. But regardless, Argentina is by far the most relaxed country for immigration. In Thailand you only get 15 days when you return (by land). They get much more in tourists bucks. It must hurt the tourist trade there - but it's their country.

Actually, Argentina does encourage "richer" expats, though just having 100K USD on deposit in a bank might not suffice.

The requirement of a stable monthly income of $8000 pesos could be satisfied by using that 100K to purchase an annuity which would generate the monthly income.

You are absolutely correct about one thing: It is their country and they have the power to regulate immigration (period).

I just learned (or at least was told) that the financial requirement for temporary residency in Paraguay is simply having a bank account with a 5K USD balance.

I know an Argentine (and US) citizen who lives in Miami, wants to leave the USA, but thinks Paraguay is a more desirable option than Argentina.

That opinion is based on issues regarding money, taxes, and economic freedom.

I wonder if anyone here shares that point of view.

[font="Arial""]With all due respect, I always thought that it overstaying is not right, no matter if the country is Argentina, USA or France. You can easily get a residency or citizenship here, is much more difficult to do so in other countries. As an Argentinian getting a citizenship in other countries is really difficult and I have to fulfill a lot of requirements, so I don’t get why people won’t get a residency or citizenship if they want to stay in a country for a long period of time and if they can apply easily. The good thing is that Argentina has a lot of agreements with other countries, so getting a long stay visa (1-2 years) maybe easier than you think depending on your nationality/age/occupation. [/font]

Thanks for the information, but it still isn't clear what defines a perma-tourist. How many days of the year do they need to be in Argentina to be classified as a perma-tourist (6 months)? Can you give more information on your client that got rejected, how long had he been in Argentina, how many times had he re-entered the country and what questions were asked that failed to satisify the officials?

Professional secret prevents me from sharing more information.
I published the act with his/her specific consent.

You have a wrong approach. There is no permatourist. You are a tourist if you spend less than 180 days a year, otherwise you are an inmmigrant. If you abuse of the renewals of I-94 (entry stamp), you become a fake tourist not a perma-tourist.

Permatourist is just an euphemism because the proper word -immigrant- sounds like for poor people.

Regards

Ah the golden days of perma-tourist is drawing to an end. (sniff sniff)

I can imagine a lot of language schools will find it harder to find staff now.
But like you say there aren't many other countries in the world that would allow this.

On the other hand Argentina isn't Europe where if they had that situation 90% of Africa and India would try to relocate there.

I suppose its the 'fair' thing to do but weather it will benefit the country, I don't know. I would say Argentina is one place that would really benefit from an influx of ideas and talent form other countries.

We have the most open immigration policy in the world. The point is to understand the system instead of behaving according to the law of another country.

If you overstay, that s ok.You pay the fine when you live and your record is clean.

If you get cought working, they give you a warning and you have 30 days to apply for a visa.

Just understand the system and forget the permatourist concept because it is wrong.

Reading between the lines of some of the posts language schools in B.A must employ quite a few 'tourists'. Must be a tricky business especially given that tourists as a rule don't have work rights. I hope there are no compliance officers lurking, they would have a field day!

Immigration to me is a system that must be carefully managed. I have no idea of migration policy is managed in Argentina, here its very much based on skills, experience, age and English lauguage ability, except that is unless you are especially well healed and can afford a business or investment visa. Ideas and talent aside, any influx would spell disaster for the local population, it would be particularly hard for youth (apprenticeships etc) and would be detrimental to the employment market in the long run.

Sorry, but as Bajo says, either your in or your out.....so to speak.

This is the AR immigration policy:

We, the representatives of the people of the Argentine Nation, gathered in General Constituent Assembly by the will and election of the Provinces which compose it, in fulfillment of pre-existing pacts, in order to form a national union, guarantee justice, secure domestic peace, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves, to our posterity, and to all men of the world who wish to dwell on argentine soil: invoking the protection of God, source of all reason and justice: do ordain, decree, and establish this Constitution for the Argentine Nation.
- Preamble to the Constitution of Argentina

Equal rights for citizens and foreigners is the immigration policy, among others, working rights.

This discussion has me confused and wondering if I need a new plan.
It seemed like, for a long time, the advice here had been to stay off the radar, dont make any applications, dont do visa runs so thats what I've been doing: nothing.
I'm an citizen of the USA.
I got a visa 2 years ago when I was making regular visits, but not staying more than a few weeks at a time.
A year ago I came and haven't left yet. I plan to stay for another 2, 3, 4 years leaving once or twice a year and coming back. I am retired, not working here, living off income from the USA.
I'd appreciate advice on my situation in the current environment.

This discussion has me confused and wondering if I need a new plan.
It seemed like, for a long time, the advice here had been to stay off the radar, dont make any applications, dont do visa runs so thats what I've been doing: nothing.
I'm an citizen of the USA.
I got a visa 2 years ago when I was making regular visits, but not staying more than a few weeks at a time.
A year ago I came and haven't left yet. I plan to stay for another 2, 3, 4 years leaving once or twice a year and coming back. I am retired, not working here, living off income from the USA.
I'd appreciate advice on my situation in the current environment.

To apply for a retiree visa is super simple and seems that is the one that fits you.
Citizenship too, and it has the advantage, if you have children, thay they get it by blood.

Back